Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 AUG 2016
Friday, August 19, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. NEW GOVERNERS APPOINTED IN FOUR STATES
i. Banwarilal Purohit has been appointed as new Governer of Assam after replacing Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya.
ii. V.P. Singh Badnore has been appointed as new Governor of Punjab.
iii. Jagdish Mukhi has been appointed as new Governor of Andaman and Nicobar
iv. Najma Heptulla has been appointed as new Governor of Manipur.
2. RBI IMPOSED PENALTY ON FOUR COOPERATIVE BAN
i. Reserve Bank of India has imposed penalties on four cooperative banks for violating RBI norms.
ii. The following banks are fined by RBI such as:
a. Cooperative City Bank of Guwahati
b. Indapur Urban Cooperative Bank
c. Shri Dadasaheb Gajmal Cooperative Bank of Pachora
d. Model Cooperative Urban Bank, Hyderabad.
3. UTTAR PRADESH CABINET APPROVES METRO RAIL FOR ALLAHABAD
i. A Metro Rail project for Allahabad has been approved by Uttar Pradesh government.
ii. The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
iii. The state cabinet also approved a scheme to provide free school bags and books to students till class VIII in government schools.
4. A.R. RAHMAN HAS BEEN HONOURED WITH TAMIL RATNA AWARD
i. Oscar winning music maestro A.R. Rahman has been honoured by the America Tamil Sangam with its Tamil Ratna Award.
ii. A.R Rahman was invited at the UNGA to perform a concert to honour M.S. Subbulakshi, the doyen of Carnatic music.
5. TELANGANA GETS HIGHEST GALLANTRY MEDALS IN COUNTRY
i. Telangana State has received the highest number of gallantry medals for police personnel in the country on the eve of Independence Day.
ii. It was the only State unit to secure the President’s police medal for gallantry.
6. SEHWAG BECOMES MCC'S HONORARY LIFE MEMBER
i. Virender Sehwag former India batsman has been awarded the honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club
ii. Marylebone Cricket Club is a cricket club in London founded in 1787.
iii. Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly are already members of MCC.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS THE NEW GOVERNOR OF PUNJAB?
a. Kaptan Singh
b. Captain Solanki
c. V.P Singh
d. Jagdish Mukhi
2. HOW MUCH AMOUNT OF PENALTY WAS IMPOSED ON COOPERATIVE CITY BANK, GUWAHATI BY RBI?
a. 1 lakh
b. 1.5 lakh
c. 2 lakh
d. 5 lakh
3. NAME THE CHIEF MINISTER OF UTTAR PRADESH?
a. Akhilesh Yadav
b. Kripal Yadav
c. Mahesh Yadav
d. Kesav Singh
4. NAME THE PERSON WHO HAS RECEIVED “TAMIL RATANA AWARD”?
a. Rajani Kanth
b. A.R Rehman
c. Mahesh Babu
5. RECENTLY, WHO HAS BECOME HONORARY LIFE MEMBER OF MCC?
a. Sachin Tendulkar
b. Rahul Dravid
c. Virender Shewag
d. Virat Kohli
1. C 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. C
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN