Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 AUG 2016
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SACHIN TENDULKAR ADOPTED VILLAGE IN OSMANABAD UNDER SAGY
i. Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar has adopted Donja village in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra for development under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna programme .
ii. Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is a rural development programme.
iii. The programme was launched by the Prime Minister of India on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan, on 11 October 2014.
2. IIT-KANPUR ADOPTED VILLAGES UNDER NAMAMI GANGE
i. IIT-Kanpur has adopted 5 villages under the Namami Gange programme .
ii. It will use its expertise to restrict the flow of sewage into the river.
iii. The five villages adopted by the institute are: Ramel Nagar, Hari Hindpur, Khoyra Katree, Pratapur, and Katri Ladhva Khera.
iv. IIT-Kanpur will ensure sewage water is not disposed of in the river and also keep a check on quality of drinking water and sanitation.
3. 7 INDIAN COMPANIES AMONG TOP 200 CARBON CLEAN FIRMS
i. Seven Indian companies have been listed on carbon-clean list of 200 largest companies worldwide.
ii. Japan's Toyota Motor topped the list.
iii. Indian companies listed on the list are:
a. Suzlon Energy at 68th place for wind farms.
b. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd at 106th place for wind electric generators and solar cells.
c. Tata Chemicals placed at 114th rank for chemicals for biodiesel, solar energy and fuel cells.
d. Thermax Ltd is placed at 139th rank.
e. Exide Indus at 153rd place for electric storage batteries.
4. HINDI AUTHOR SUNITA JAIN HONOURED WITH VYAS SAMMAN AWARD
i. Hindi scholar and writer Sunita Jain has been honoured with Vyas Samman 2015 for her poetry collection "Kshama".
ii. West Bengal Governor K N Tripathi conferred the award on the scholar.
iii. The award is started by the K K Birla Foundation and is given annually to outstanding literary work in Hindi authored by an Indian citizen.
5. DOHA BANK OPENS FIRST BRANCH IN KERALA
i. Doha Bank has inaugurating its first branch in Kerala.
ii. The branch will offers all banking products to corporate and retail customers.
iii. It will be formally inaugurated by the State Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
6. ALIBABA GROUP LAUNCHES ‘MILLION BOOKS’ DONATION DRIVE
i. The Alibaba Group, with Ratna Nidhi Charitable Trust has launched ‘Mission Million Books’initiative in India.
ii. It has been started to invite Indian citizens to donate textbooks and educational material for the underprivileged.
ii. Alibaba Group Holding Limited is a Chinese e-commerce company that provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales services via web portals.
7. URJIT PATEL APPOINTED AS NEXT RBI GOVERNOR
i. Urjit Patel is the new Reserve Bank of India Governor.
ii. He will replace Raghuram Rajan as the RBI governer.
iii. Raghuram rajan is going to step down on September 3, after his term comes to an end.
iv. Urjit will be India's 24th RBI Governor.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHEN SANSAD GRAM YOJANA WAS LAUNCHED?
a. October, 2009
b. October, 2008
c. October, 2014
d. October, 2015
2. IIT KANPUR HAS ADOPTED HOW MANY VILLAGES IN UTTAR PRADESH UNDER “NAMAMI GANGE” SCHEME TO RESTRICT THE FLOW OF SEWAGE?
3. NAME THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK “KSHAMA”?
a. Sunita Jain
b. Sumitra Jain
c. Nupur Jain
d. Jaya Jain
4. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF DOHA BANK LOCATED?
5. NAME THE DONATION DRIVE WHICH IS LAUNCHED BY ALIBABA GROUP ALONG WITH CROSSWORD AND RATNA NIDHI?
a. Mission Education
b. Mission Book
c. Mission Literacy
d. None of these
6. WHO IS GOING TO BECOME 24TH RBI GOVERNOR OF INDIA?
a. HR Khan
b. C. Rangarajan
c. Urjit Patel
d. Anand Sinha
1) C 2) B 3) A 4) D 5) B 6) C
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN