DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 22 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PM MODI TO BE NEW BRAND AMBASSADOR OF INCREDIBLE INDIA
i. Indian government’s Tourism Ministry has decided to make Prime Minister Narendra Modi the brand ambassador of Incredible India.
ii. The face of PM will be used for the advertisements and promotional films. Even Gujarat Tourism’s prosperity will also be mentioned.
3. PM MODI'S MONOGRAMMED SUIT ENTERS GUINNESS RECORDS AS 'MOST EXPENSIVE SUIT SOLD'
i. The monogrammed suit worn by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during entered Guinness Book of World Records as ‘the most expensive suit sold’.
ii. The suit was worned by PM during his meeting with American President Barack Obama in 2014.
iii. The suit was sold at an auction for Rs 4.31 crore.
3. TWO-DAY MEETING OF BRICS WOMEN PARLIAMENTARIAN'S FORUM TO BEGIN IN JAIPUR
i. The two-day meeting of the BRICS Women's Parliamentarian Forum will begin in jaipur.
ii. It will be attended by 42 delegates from member countries.
iii. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan will inaugurate the meeting .
4. USAIN BOLT GRABBS 200M TO COMPLETE HAT-TRICK
i. Jamaican's sprinter Usain Bolt has won the 200 metres final to add to his 100m title at the Rio Olympics 2016.
ii. He had also won the 200 metres race in 2008 Bejing and London 2012.
iii. The legendary runner announced that he will retire from the sport next year.
5. CHINA'S HIGH SPEED TRAIN MAKER LAUNCHES OPERATION IN INDIA
i. China largest high-speed train maker has announced the launch of its first joint venture plant in India.
ii. The plant will manufacture and repair railway locomotives.
6. ANDHRA PRADESH POLICE LAUNCHES PILOT PROJECT ON DNA PROFILING
i. Andhra Pradesh Police has launched DNA Index System that allows generation of DNA profiles from live samples like saliva and blood stains.
ii. The system uses the latest DNA technology tool called RapidHIT.
iii. The DIS allows generation of DNA profiles using buccal swabs, blood stains, saliva and other live samples in less than two hours.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE FAMOUS BADMINTON PLAYER “CAROLIN MARINA” BELONGS TO WHICH NATION?
2. RECENTLY, INDIA’S TOURISM DEPARTMENT HAS CHOOSEN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING AS THE NEW BRAND AMBASSADOR OF “INCREDEBLE INDIA”?
a. Narendra Modi
b. Priyanka Chopra
c. Irfan Khan
d. Vidya Balan
3. WHO WILL INAUGURATE “BRICS WOMEN PARLIAMENTARIAN’S FORUM” AT JAIPUR?
a. Arundhati Bhattacharya
b. Sumitra Mahajan
c. Chanda Kochar
d. Sushma Swarj
4. WHICH COUNTRY TOPS THE LIST OF AISA PACIFIC ON FIXED BROADBAND?
a. Hong Kong
5. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF GEORGIA?
6. NAME THE INDIAN-AMERICAN WHO HAS BECOME TEXAS WOMEN’S HALL OF FAME?
a. Renu Singh
b. Renu Khator
c. Renuka Kumari
d. None of the above
1) D 2) A 3) B 4) A 5) C 6) B