Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 AUG 2016
Monday, August 29, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. RAIL PASSENGERS TO GET INSURANCE COVER WORTH RS 10 LACS AT A PREMIUM OF ONLY 92 PAISE
i. Railways has started insurance cover of up to Rs10 lakh while booking a train ticket online by paying less than one rupee cost.
ii. Indian Railways subsidiary IRCTC has assigned the task to three private firms are Shriram General Insurance, ICICI Lombard General Insurance and Royal Sundaram General Insurance.
2. INDIA RANKED AT 77TH, PAKISTAN AT 72ND ND AND BANGLADESH AT 5TH IN WORLD RISK REPORT 2016
i. The World Risk Report 2016 published by the UNU Institute for Environment and Human Security released a list after doing analysis of the role that infrastructure plays in shaping a country’s disaster risk.
ii. The list is topped by Island state of Vanuatu.
iii. India has been ranked at 77th place, Pakistan ranked at 72nd, Bangladesh at 5th.
3. PAKISTAN TO HOST 19TH SAARC SUMMIT ON NOV. 9 & 10 THIS YEAR
i. Pakistan will host the 19th SAARC Summit on November 9 and 10 this year.
ii. The SAARC Summit Cell is headed by Ambassador Amjad Sial.
iii. SAARC is an organization of eight countries located in the South Asia and it stands for the South Asian Association for Regional Corporation.
4. BENGALURU TO HOST THE PRAVASI BHARATIYA DIVAS 2017
i. IT capital of the country, Bengaluru, will host the 2017 Bharatiya Pravasi Divas.
ii. It is scheduled to take place on February 7, 8 and 9 of 2017.
iii. Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is celebrated in India on 9 January each year to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community to the development of India.
5. FINANCE MINISTRY SET UP A COMMITTEE FOR DIGITALIZING INCENTIVE PAYMENTS
i. The Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has set up a committee to consider incentive schemes for promoting digitalization.
ii. The schemes are aimed to promote such as cash back schemes and tax rebates for promoting card and digital payments in a step towards discouraging cash transactions.
iii. The committee will be headed by former Finance Secretary Ratan P Watal
6. WORLD BANK SANCTIONS RS 980 CR FOR BRAHMAPUTRA DREDGING
i. The World Bank has announced a funding of Rs 980 crore to dredge the Brahmaputra as an initiative to develop waterways to Bangladesh.
ii.It will promote the trade between the Bangladesh and other South East Asian countries
iii. The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to developing countries for capital programs.
7. BCCI SUBMITS COMPLIANCE REPORT TO LODHA PANEL
i. The BCCI submitted the first Compliance Report to the Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha Panel in regards to the implementation of reforms as per the apex court verdict.
ii. The BCCI has already filed a Review Petition with the Supreme Court seeking recusal of CJI TS Thakur from the case.
8. DIPP TO LAUNCH AWARENESS CAMPAIGN ON IPR
i. Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion will launch a nation-wide awareness campaign on Intellectual Property Rights .
ii. It will be taken forward by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management in collaboration with the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks and Industry Associations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS GOING TO HOST 19TH SAARC SUMMIT?
2. WHICH CITY OF INDIA WILL HOST THE “PRAVASI BHARTIYA DIVAS 2017”?
3. WHO WILL HEAD THE COMMITTEE FOR “DIGITALIZING INCENTIVE PAYMENT”?
b. arun Jaitely
c. P. Chitambaram
d. Mukesh Shah
4. FOR WHICH RIVER DREDGING, WORLD BANK HAS SANCTIONED RS.980 CR TO BANGLADESH NAD OTHE SOUTH AISAN COUNTRIES TO INCREASE THE TRADE & COMMERCE AMONG THE COUNTRIES?
5. WHERE IS THE SECRETARIAT OF SAARC LOCATED?
a. Kathmandu, Nepal
b. New Delhi, India
c. Dhaka, Bangladesh
d. Colombo, Sri lanka
1) B 2) C 3) B 4) D 5) A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN