Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 AUG 2016
Monday, August 29, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. ISRO TESTS SCRAMJET ROCKET ENGINE
i. The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully test-fired its Scramjet Rocket Engine.
ii. It will use oxygen from the atmosphere thereby reducing launch cost, from the spaceport of Sriharikota.
2. SANIA WON CONNECTICUT OPEN DOUBLES TITLE
i. Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza with her Romanian partner Monica Niculescu defeated Kateryna Bondarenko and Chuang Chia Jung in the final.
ii. Now sania mirja is ranked as world no.1 player in mixed doubles women.
3. INDIA CAPTAIN MS DHONI SETS WORLD RECORD IN USA
i. India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has set a new world record.
ii. He captained India in a record 325th game most by a player in history
iii. He broke the record of Australian skipper Ricky Ponting's mark.
4. LALITA BABAR AND CHESSPLAYER SHARDUL GAGARE TO GET SJAM AWARDS
i. Chess player GM Shardul Gagare, and steeplechase specialist Lalita Babar who finished a creditable 10th in the Rio Olympics, have been chosen for the Sports Journalists Association of Mumbai’s Golden Jubilee Annual Awards 2016.
ii. Gagare will receive the Sportsman of the year award and the Lalita will receive the Sportswoman of the year award.
5. PM MODI ANNOUNCES TASK FORCE TO PREPARE INDIA FOR NEXT THREE OLYMPICS
i. After India’s dismal show in the concluded Rio Olympics 2016 Prime Minister Narendra Modi constituting a task force.
ii. It will make various suggestions to the roadmap for the next three quadrennial Games 2020, 2024 and 2028.
iii. The PM announced that the task will be announced over the next few days at a meeting of the Council of Ministers held in New Delhi.
6. SHARMILA TAGORE APPOINTED AS A NEW MEMBER OF THE BCCC
i. Film actress Sharmila Tagore, theatre activist Arundhati Nag and Ira Bhaskar have been appointed new members of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council.
ii. The Board of Directors of Indian Broadcasting Federation headed by Star India chairman Uday Shankar has approved these appointments for a term of three years in the eminent persons.
7. INDIA'S FIRST TEXTILE UNIVERSITY TO COME UP AT SURAT
i. Gujarat government is planning to set up India's first textile university at Surat.
ii. The main aim of the university is to provide all kind of support including technology, research and development and skilled manpower.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE CHAIRMAN OF ISRO?
a. N Balakrishnan
b. AS Kiran Kumar
c. RK Krishanamurty
d. None of these
2. THE FAMOUS TENNIS PLAYER “MONICA NICULESCU” BELONG TO WHICH NATION?
3. WHO HAS BECOME WORLD NO-1 PLAYER IN MIXED DOUBLES WOMEN?
a. Chuang Chia
b. Monica Niculescu
c. Sania Mirza
d. Martinga Hingis
4. NAME THE INDIAN CRICKET PLAYER WHO HAS SET A WORLD RECORD OF 325TH MATCH CAPTAINCY IN USA?
a. Kapil Dev
b. Virat Kohli
c. Sachin Tendulkar
d. MS Dhoni
5. THE FAMOUS PLAYER “LALITA BABAR” BELONGS TO WHICH GAME?
6. WHO WILL HEAD THE BROADCASTING CONTENT COMPLAINTS COUNCIL (BCCC)?
a. Uday Shankar
b. Sharmila Tagore
c. Arundhati Nag
d. Ira Bhaskar
1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. B 6. A
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN