DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 17,18 AUGUST
1. A Federal Supreme Court justice authorized corruption probe against Dilma Rousseff. She is the president of
2. Which city hosted the 1st National Conference of Investigating Agencies?
d) New Delhi
3. Name the person who bagged the APJ Abdul Kalam Award for meritorious services in the Higher Education Department of Tamil Nadu?
a) Hansraj Verma
b) Kalpana Chawla
c) RB Udhayakumar
d) P Shanmugam
4. Unilever, the parent company of Hindustan Unilever (HUL), in August 2016 acquired which air purification company?
5. Name the Indian music composer who was recently honoured with the Tamil Ratna Award.
a) Yuvan Shankar Raja
b) Santhosh Narayanan
c) Anirudh Ravichander
d) A R Rahman
6. Name the renowned Punjabi writer and Jnanpith awardee who passed away recently.
a) Gurdial Singh
b) Kartar Singh Duggal
c) Komail Singh Somal
d) None of the above
7. The book “Police and Counter Insurgency — The Untold Story of Tripura’s COIN Campaign” has been authored by whom?
(a) Lalita Babar
(b) Kuldeep Kumar
(c) Jerry Pinto
(d) V.B. Ganesan
8. Who has been posthumously honoured with the Ashok Chakra on the 2016 Independence Day?
(a) Hanamanthappa Koppad
(b) Havildar Hangpan Dada
(c) Niranjan Ek
(d) Gursevak Singh
9. The sailing campaign “Jal Tarang” has been started from which state of India?
(b) Himachal Pradesh
(d) West Bengal Hide
10. T A Razzaq, who passed away recently, was a script writer of which language?
1.B, 2.D, 3.D, 4.C, 5.D, 6.A, 7.B, 8.B, 9.B, 10.B,