DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ – 25,26 AUGUST
1. United States has announced 138 million dollar new aid to which country?
a) South Sudan
2. Which State has issued a draft notification for creation of 17 new districts?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
3. which Indian tennis player topped the WTA women’s doubles ranking?
a) Sania Mirza
b) Rushmi Chakravarthi
c) Prarthana Thombare
d) Tara Iyer
4. Name the company that acquired the cement business of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd?
a) Ramco Cements
b) UltraTech Cement
c) Ambuja Cements
d) Birla Corporation Limited
5. Who was appointed as the head of the task force by the Union Government to study the structure of organised Group A Central services?
a) Justice A P Shah
b) T Jacob
c) T K Prasad
d) Vijay Kelkar
6. India is ranked at which place in the W10 report 2016 released by New World Wealth?
7. The International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition was observed globally on?
a) 20 August
b) 21 August
c) 22 August
d) 23 August
8. Name the two states that signed MoU to build three barrages for water utilization of Godavari River and its tributaries?
a) Maharashtra and Goa
b) Telangana and Goa
c) Telangana and Maharashtra
d) Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
9. Union Government launched ‘Sugamaya Pustakalaya’ online library to serve?
a) Persons with print disabilities
b) Persons with dyslexia
c) Persons with physical disabilities
d) Persons with visual disabilities
10. Name the country who launched the KN-11 ballistic missile from a submarine in Sea of Japan?
b) North Korea
c) South Korea
11. Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) recently banned which country from competing at September’s Paralympics in Rio?
d) North Korea
12. Where the two-day SAARC Finance Ministers’ Conference held?
c) New Delhi
13. Which state named Sakshi Malik, the woman wrestler who won the bronze medal at Rio Olympics, as its brand ambassador for Beti Bachao, Beti Padao campaign?
a) Uttar Pradesh
14. Under which of the following campaign/yojana of Prime Minister 'Sugamya Pustakalaya' the e-library for Persons with print Disabilities was launched?
a) Accessible India Campaign
b) Nai Manzil Yojana
c) Skill India Campaign
d) Kaushal Vikas Yojana
15. With which country union Cabinet approved revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) for avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income?
16. The compensation to victims of terror and left extremism enhanced by union Cabinet from three lakh rupees to?
a) Eight lakh
b) Five lakh
c) Four lakh
d) Six lakh
17. Who topped the list of The World's Highest-Paid Actresses 2016?
a) Scarlett Johansson
b) Melissa McCarthy
c) Jennifer Aniston
d) Jennifer Lawrence
18. In the Forbes list of World's Highest-Paid Actresses 2016 which Indian actress made her entry?
a) Deepika Padukone
b) Aishwarya Rai
c) Sonam Kapoor
d) Priyanka Chopra
19. During the second meeting of BRICS Ministers for Disaster Management in August 2016 the BRICS Countries adopted which declaration?
a) Manama Declaration
b) Brasilia Declaration
c) Udaipur Declaration
d) Chennai Declaration
20. In which state the 8th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Summit will be held?
d) Tamil Nadu
1.A, 2.B, 3.A, 4.D, 5.B, 6.C, 7.D, 8.C, 9.A, 10.B, 11.B, 12.D, 13.B, 14.A, 15.D, 16.B, 17.D, 18.A, 19.C, 20.B,