Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 01 SEP 2016
Thursday, September 1, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 01 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA JUMPS 19 PLACES IN LOGISTICS PERFORMANCE INDEX: WORLD BANK
i. India jumped 19 places in the Logistics Performance Index to rank 35th in this year’s list.
ii. The World Bank has recently released a Logistics Performance Index (LPI) 2016 report titled ‘Connecting to Complete 2016’.
iii. The logistics' list was topped by Germany.
2. BHUTAN SET TO HOST ASIAN TENNIS TOUR EVENT NEXT MONTH
i. Land of the thunder dragon’s Nation Bhutan is set to become the fourth Asian country to host a tournament on the Asian Tennis Tour.
ii. India, Thailand and Iran have already hosted a series of tournaments, both men and women, on ATT and Bhutan is scheduled to host its maiden event from September 16 to 18.
3. FIRST MILITARY HERITAGE WEBSITE LAUNCHED
i. India's first military heritage website, coloursofglory.org was launched by Glory Foundation at Chennai.
ii. A veteran of the 1971 Indo-Pak war, city based Captain D.P.Ramachandran who is also the executive trustee of the foundation declared the war heroes of South India held great significance to the history of India.
4. MOBIKWIK JOINS HAND WITH 12 STATE ELECTRICITY BOARDS
i. India's largest digital payment company in India, MobiKwik has announced coalition with 12 state electricity boards.
ii. The MobiKwik took this initiative ahead of its expansion plan to set up a national base for utility payments.
5. UNION MINISTER JP NADDA UNVEILED MERA ASPATAL – MY HOSPITAL INITIATIVE
i. Union Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda launched the ‘Mera Aspataal’ (my hospital) initiative.
ii. This move seeks to empower the patients by seeking their views on the quality of experience in a public healthcare facility.
6. GUJARAT BECOMES FIRST STATE TO DISTRIBUTE 2 CR. LED BULBS
i. Under the Government’s initiative of affordable LEDs for all (UJALA) scheme, Gujarat has become the 1st state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs.
ii. Gujarat has reached this milestone in just 96 days and over 42 lakh households have already benefitted from the scheme.
7. 100-YEAR-OLD ATHLETE FROM INDIA, WINS GOLD MEDAL AT MASTERS GAMES
i. India’s 100-year-old athlete, Man Kaur has won Gold medal at the American Masters Games in the 100-meter dash. She took a minute-and-a-half to cross the finish line in Vancouver.
ii. Kaur from Chandigarh was the only female competitor in her age category at the competition for older athletes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHAT TITLE HAS BEEN GIVEN TO LOGISTIC PERFORMANCE INDEX 2016 BY WORLD BANK?
a. Connecting World
b. Supply Logistic
c. Connecting to Complete
d. Logistic Connection
2. ASIAN TENNIS TOUR WILL BE HOST BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES?
3. WHICH PAYMENT APP HAS ANNOUNCED COALITION WITH 12 STATES ELECTRICITY BOARD FOR UTILITY PAYMENT?
4. NAME THE UNION HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. JP Nadda
b. Sadananda Godwana
c. Suresh Prabhu
d. Amit Shah
5. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF GUJARAT?
1. C 2. D 3. B 4. A 5. B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN