Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10th SEP 2016
Saturday, September 10, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 10th SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. HELPLINE NO. 14401 FOR INFO ON POWER CUTS LAUNCHED
i. The Department of Telecom (DoT) has created ‘Urja Mitra Helpline’ through which customers can get information on power outages from distribution companies by dialling 14401.
ii. Earlier URJA mobile app is also launched aimed at enhancing the consumer connect with the urban power distribution sector.
2. INDIA'S LIGHT UTILITY HELICOPTER MAIDEN FLIGHT SUCCESSFUL
i. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has successfully completed test flight of indigenous Light Utility Helicopter in Bengaluru.
ii. The LUH will replace the military’s obsolescent fleet of Chetak and Cheetah helicopters that have flown for over three decades.
3. GOVT APPROVES 6 START-UP CENTRES
i. The Central government has approved six proposals to set up centres of excellence to promote and fund start-ups.
ii. The proposals for six centres of excellence that were approved by the National Expert Advisory Committee include
a. SINE-IIT Bombay
b. Venture Center-NCL Pune
c. CIIE-IIM Ahmedabad
d. Research Park at IIT-Gandhinagar.
4. THITHI WINS BEST FILM HONOUR AT 1ST BRICS FILM FESTIVAL
i. Kannada film Thithi was conferred the Best Film award by Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu at the 1st BRICS Film Festival.
ii. Thithi has earlier won various honours like 68th Locarno International Film Festival, Marrakech International Film Festival, 19th Shanghai International Film Festival and 63rd National Film Awards.
5. 2016 ASEAN SUMMIT HELD IN VIENTIANE, LAOS
i.The Summit of Southeast Asian Nationst was held in Vientiane, Laos .
ii. PM of the Lao PDR H.E. Thongloun Sisoulith was Chairperson of the summit. \
iii.The theme of the summit was “Turning Vision into Reality for a Dynamic ASEAN Community”.
iv. Association of South East Asian Nationsis a group of 10 South Asian nations which came into existence on August 8, 1967
6. PRESIDENT GIVES ASSENT TO THE CONSTITUTION (122ND AMENDMENT) (GST) BILL, 2014
i. President Pranab Mukherjee has given assent to the Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014 as per Article 111 of the Constitution.
ii. After the assent of the president the bill becomes law and gives way for the concept of one nation, one tax.
iii. The GST is a single indirect tax throughout country.
iv. It will merge all indirect taxes such as the Value Added Tax, excise duty, service tax, central sales tax, additional customs duty and special additional duty of customs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE PRIME MINISTER OF THE LAO, “PDR H.E THONGLOUN SISOULITH” WILL HEAD WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SUMMITS?
2. GST IS WHICH TYPE OF TAX?
a. Indirect Tax
b. Direct Tax
c. Custom Tax
d. None of these
3. NAME THE FILM WHICH IS HONORED AS THE BEST FILM AT 1ST BRICS FILM FESTIVAL?
a. Bajirao Mastani
4. HELP LINE NO- 14401 IS FOR_________________.
a. To get a LPG connection
b. To get an electricity connection
c. To get an information on power cut
d. To get an information to water supply
5. WHO IS THE DIRECTOR OF THE FILM –“THITHI”?
a. Ram Reddy
b. Mohan Reddy
c. Jeevan Reddy
d. Jashan Reddy
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN