Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15th SEP 2016
Thursday, September 15, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15th SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. CABINET APPROVES ESTABLISHMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION FINANCING AGENCY
i. The Cabinet has approved the creation of the Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA), taking a step closer to developing high quality infrastructure in premier educational institutions.
ii. The HEFA would be formed as a SPV within a PSU Bank or Government-owned-NBFC (Promoter).
2. DEEPA MALIK BECOMES FIRST INDIAN WOMAN TO WIN MEDAL AT PARALYMPICS
i. India’s Deepa Malik created history by becoming the first ever woman from the country to win a medal at the Paralympics.
ii. With the win, she confirmed India’s third medal from the Rio Paralympics. She will receive a cash award of Rs 4 crore under Haryana Sports Scheme for winning the silver medal.
3. WORLD’S LONGEST BULLET TRAIN NETWORK ESTABLISHED IN CHINA
i. World’s longest bullet train network length of 2000kms established by China Railway. Construction of the line started in December 2012
ii. The line has 9 stations and trains run at a speed of up to 300 kph.
iii. China is conducting feasibility study to build the bullet train track between Chennai and New Delhi.
4. INTERNATIONAL DAY OF DEMOCRACY OBSERVED ON 15 SEP
I. International Day of Democracy was observed on 15 September.
ii.The theme of the day is Democracy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
iii.The day is observed to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world.
5. 14 SEPTEMBER OBSERVED ON NATIONAL HINDI DIVAS
i. The National Hindi Divas an annual literary-day is being observed on 14 September.
ii.The day is observed in Hindi speaking regions of India and other countries with Hindi speaking population.
iii.The day is observed with a theme of promoting Hindi language and its cultural heritage and values.
6. DEVENDRA JHAJHARIA WINS GOLD MEDAL IN JAVELIN THROW AT 2016 RIO PARALYMPICS
i. India’s Devendra Jhajharia has won gold medal in the men’s javelin throw at the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
ii.He becomes only the second gold medallist at the Paralympics for the country.
iii.He had also secured the gold medal in the javelin event at the 2004 Athens Paralympics
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHEN “NATIONAL HINDI DIVAS” IS BEING OBSERVED?
a. 14th September
b. 13th September
c. 15th September
d. 11th September
2. THE GOLD MEDALIST ‘DEVENDRA JHAJHARIA’ AT 2016 PARALYMPICS IS ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH SPORTS?
a. Shot Put
b. Javelin Throw
c. Discuss Throw
d. None of these
3. NAME THE COUNTRY WHICH IS CONDUCTING FEASIBILITY STUDY TO BUILD THE BULLET TRAIN TRACK BETWEEN NEW DELHI AND CHENNAI?
4. “INTERNATIONAL DAY OF DEMOCRACY” OBSERVED ON____________.
a. 15th September
b. 16th September
c. 14th September
d. 13th September
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN