Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12th OCT 2016
Thursday, October 13, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12th OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPIONSHIP MACE
i.Indian captain Virat Kohli was presented with the ICC Test Championship mace for leading his team to the top of the Test Team Rankings.
ii.The mace was presented by former India captain and ICC Cricket Hall of Famer Sunil Gavaskar after the home team completed a 3-0 whitewash against New zealand.
2. GST LENDS MORE WEIGHT TO INDIA’S 8% GROWTH PROJECTION BY S&P
i.According to S&P Global Ratings the passage of the indirect tax law will boost India,s growth at 8 per cent growth in the next few years.
3. INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL CHILD OBSERVED ON 11TH OCTOBER
i.International Day of the Girl is observed annually on 11 October.
ii The theme of the day is "Girls' Progress = Goals' Progress: What Counts for Girls".
iii.The International Day of the Girl Child aims to address the challenges girls face and to promote girls’ empowerment and the fulfillment of their human rights.
4. FIRST WORLD TSUNAMI AWARENESS DAY TO BE OBSERVED ON 5TH NOVEMBER
i. The government of India will start observing the First World Tsunami Awareness Day on 5th November.
ii. It will be observed during the upcoming Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction 2016.
iii. The conference is slated to take place in Delhi from November 2nd to 5th November.
5. GLOBAL HUNGER INDEX RELEASED
i. India ranked 97th out of 118 countries on the International Food Policy Research Institute’s Global Hunger Index in 2016.
ii.The Central African Republic, Chad, and Zambia had the highest levels of hunger in the report.
iii. The Latin America region has the lowest regional GHI score in the developing world
6. R ASHWIN REGAINS NO. 1 SPOT IN TEST RANKINGS
i. Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin today reclaimed the number one spot in Test rankings for bowlers.
ii.Recently he make a new record by taking 200 wickets in test matches in short time.
7. KABADDI WC VENUE IS INDIA'S 1ST CONVERTIBLE STADIUM
i. The Arena by TransStadia in Ahmedabad, venue of the ongoing Kabaddi World Cup, is India's first convertible stadium.
ii. The Rs. 550 crore project converts an outdoor stadium into an indoor arena in 6 minutes at a touch of a button.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. ‘INTERNATIONAL GIRL CHILD DAY’ IS OBSERVED ON________.
a. 11th October
b. 12th October
c. 14th October
d. 13th October
2. NAME THE FIRST CONVERTIBLE STADIUM OF INDIA?
c. Trans Stadia
d. None of the above
3. WHAT IS THE RANK OF INDIA IN GLOBAL HUNGER INDEX?
4. WHEN WILL THE WORLD FIRST TSUNAMI AWARENESS DAY TO BE OBSERVED?
a. 30th October
b. 1st November
c. 31st October
d. 5th November
5. WHO WAS PRESENTED WITH THE ICC TEST CHAMPIONSHIP MACE?
a. MS Dhoni
b. Virat Kohli
c. R Ashwin
d. Ishant Sharma
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN