DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11th OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY OBSERVED ON 10TH OCTOBER
i. World Mental Health Day is observed annually on 10 October.
ii. The theme of the day is ‘Psychological First Aid’.
iii. The aim of the day is to raise awareness about mental health issues around the world and mobilising efforts in support of mental health.
2. NOBEL PRIZE IN ECONOMICS 2016 AWARDED TO OLIVER HART AND BENGT HOLMSTROM
i. Two U.S-based economists Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom have been awarded the 'Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences.
ii.The award is given for their contributions to contract theory.
ii. Last year the Nobel prize in Economics was awarded to Angus Deaton "for his analysis of consumption, poverty, and welfare".
3. MP TO LAUNCH 'LALIMA ABHIYAN' TO MAKE STATE FREE FROM ANAEMIA
i. Madhya Pradesh launched a campaign to make the state anaemia-free scheme named 'Lalima Abhiyan'.
ii. Under the campaign, free iron folic acid tablets will be provided in aagan wadis', academic institutions and hospitals.
4. INDIAN SHOOTER JITU RAI NAMED 'CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS' BY ISSF
i. The International Shooting Sports Federation has awarded ace shooter, Jitu Rai, the 'Champion of Champions' title for pistol shooting in 2016.
ii. Jitu rai beated Serbia’s Damir Mikec in the Champions Trophy 10m Air Pistol final.
5.'AIYOH' NOW IN THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY
i. The Oxford English Dictionary has included "Aiyoh" and "Aiyah" in its latest edition.
ii. The word has defined as, "In southern India and Sri Lanka, expressing distress, regret, or grief; 'Oh no!', 'Oh dear!'".
6. ANDY MURRAY DEFEATS GRIGOR DIMITROV TO WIN CHINA OPEN
i. British tennis player Andy Murray beated Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov to win the China Open.
ii. Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska defeated British tennis player Johanna Konta to win the China Open Women's Singles at Beijing, China.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE FAMOUS TENNIS PLAYER ‘GRIGAR DIMITROV’ BELONGS TO WHICH NATION?
2. WHO IS THE WINNER OF THE CHINA OPEN WOMEN’S SINGLES AT BEIJING?
a. Johanna Konta
b. Agnieszka Radwanska
c. Martinga Hingis
d. Sania Mirza
3. WHICH TWO WORDS ARE ADDED IN THE LATEST EDITION OF THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY?
a. OMG & Oh No
b. Yo Yo & OMG
c. Yups & Yakk
d. Aiyoh & Aiyah
4. WHICH COUNTRY PLAYER IS BEING DEFEATED BY INDIA ACE SHOOTER JITU RAI IN THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY 10 M AIR PISTOL FINAL?
5. NAME THE SCHEME WHICH IS LAUNCHED BY MADHYA PRADESH STATE GOVERNMENT TO MAKE STATE FREE FROM ANEMIA?
a. Pure Blood
b. Sarv Surkasha
c. Lalima Abhiyan
d. None of these
6. NOBLE PRIZE IN ECONOMICS 2016 AWARD IS GIVEN TO TWO US BASED ECONOMISTS OLIVER HART & BENGT HOLNSTRON FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FIELDS?
a. Contract Theory
b. Inflation Target
c. Forex Trade
d. Pooling System
7. WHEN WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY IS OBSERVED?
a. 9th October
b. 13th October
c. 11th October
d. 10th October