Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11th OCT 2016
Thursday, October 13, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11th OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY OBSERVED ON 10TH OCTOBER
i. World Mental Health Day is observed annually on 10 October.
ii. The theme of the day is ‘Psychological First Aid’.
iii. The aim of the day is to raise awareness about mental health issues around the world and mobilising efforts in support of mental health.
2. NOBEL PRIZE IN ECONOMICS 2016 AWARDED TO OLIVER HART AND BENGT HOLMSTROM
i. Two U.S-based economists Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom have been awarded the 'Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences.
ii.The award is given for their contributions to contract theory.
ii. Last year the Nobel prize in Economics was awarded to Angus Deaton "for his analysis of consumption, poverty, and welfare".
3. MP TO LAUNCH 'LALIMA ABHIYAN' TO MAKE STATE FREE FROM ANAEMIA
i. Madhya Pradesh launched a campaign to make the state anaemia-free scheme named 'Lalima Abhiyan'.
ii. Under the campaign, free iron folic acid tablets will be provided in aagan wadis', academic institutions and hospitals.
4. INDIAN SHOOTER JITU RAI NAMED 'CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS' BY ISSF
i. The International Shooting Sports Federation has awarded ace shooter, Jitu Rai, the 'Champion of Champions' title for pistol shooting in 2016.
ii. Jitu rai beated Serbia’s Damir Mikec in the Champions Trophy 10m Air Pistol final.
5.'AIYOH' NOW IN THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY
i. The Oxford English Dictionary has included "Aiyoh" and "Aiyah" in its latest edition.
ii. The word has defined as, "In southern India and Sri Lanka, expressing distress, regret, or grief; 'Oh no!', 'Oh dear!'".
6. ANDY MURRAY DEFEATS GRIGOR DIMITROV TO WIN CHINA OPEN
i. British tennis player Andy Murray beated Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov to win the China Open.
ii. Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska defeated British tennis player Johanna Konta to win the China Open Women's Singles at Beijing, China.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE FAMOUS TENNIS PLAYER ‘GRIGAR DIMITROV’ BELONGS TO WHICH NATION?
2. WHO IS THE WINNER OF THE CHINA OPEN WOMEN’S SINGLES AT BEIJING?
a. Johanna Konta
b. Agnieszka Radwanska
c. Martinga Hingis
d. Sania Mirza
3. WHICH TWO WORDS ARE ADDED IN THE LATEST EDITION OF THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY?
a. OMG & Oh No
b. Yo Yo & OMG
c. Yups & Yakk
d. Aiyoh & Aiyah
4. WHICH COUNTRY PLAYER IS BEING DEFEATED BY INDIA ACE SHOOTER JITU RAI IN THE CHAMPIONS TROPHY 10 M AIR PISTOL FINAL?
5. NAME THE SCHEME WHICH IS LAUNCHED BY MADHYA PRADESH STATE GOVERNMENT TO MAKE STATE FREE FROM ANEMIA?
a. Pure Blood
b. Sarv Surkasha
c. Lalima Abhiyan
d. None of these
6. NOBLE PRIZE IN ECONOMICS 2016 AWARD IS GIVEN TO TWO US BASED ECONOMISTS OLIVER HART & BENGT HOLNSTRON FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FIELDS?
a. Contract Theory
b. Inflation Target
c. Forex Trade
d. Pooling System
7. WHEN WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY IS OBSERVED?
a. 9th October
b. 13th October
c. 11th October
d. 10th October
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN