Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13TH OCT 2016
Monday, October 17, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. 13 OCTOBER OBSERVED AS INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR DISASTER REDUCTION
i. The International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed annually on 13 October across the world.
ii. The day is observed to encourage citizens and governments to take part in building more disaster resilient communities and nations.
iii. The Theme of the day is “Live to Tell: Raising Awareness, Reducing Mortality”.
2. BOB DYLAN WINS 2016 NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE
i. Bob Dylan won the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature.
ii. He was given award for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition.
3. UNION CABINET APPROVES MOU BETWEEN INDIA AND HUNGARY ON COOPERATION IN FIELD OF WATER MANAGEMENT
i. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between India and Hungary on cooperation in the field of water management.
ii. The MoU will be signed between Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation and the Ministry of Interior, Government of Hungary.
iii. They will also exchange of scientific delegations and experts in the field of water resources development and management for joint activities.
4. INDIA-INDONESIA BILATERAL MARITIME EXERCISE COMMENCES AT BELAWAN IN INDONESIA
i. The 28th India and Indonesia Coordinated Patrol and Second Bilateral Maritime Exercise have commenced at Belawan, Indonesia in the Andaman Sea.
ii. The bilateral naval exercise also seeks to strengthen existing bonds of friendship between both countries.
5. HIMANSH, INDIA’S REMOTE AND HIGH-ALTITUDE STATION OPENED IN SPITI, HIMACHAL PRADESH
i. The National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research established a high altitude research station in Himalaya called HIMANSH.
ii. The station is situated above 13500 feet at a remote region in Spiti, Himachal Pradesh.
6. US LIFTS ECONOMIC SANCTIONS ON MYANMAR
i. The U.S. lifted sanctions against Myanmar that have been in place for nearly two decades.
ii. They are lifted during Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi’s visit to Washington in September 2016.
iii. Lifting economic and financial sanctions will support trade and economic growth in Myanmar.
7. WHO WILL REGULATE PENSION PRODUCTS?
i. The Finance Ministry has set up a high-level committee to consolidate the regulation of pension products.
ii. Presently these are done by three different watchdogs including the insurance and stock market regulators.
iii. The committee will be formed by the Department of Financial Services, would have representatives from all financial sector regulators — SEBI, IRDA, RBI and PFRDA.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE 2016 LITERATURE NOBEL LAUREATE ‘BOBY DYLON’ BELONGS TO WHICH NATION?
2. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF HUNGARY?
3. UNION GOVERNMENT HAS APPROVED MOU BETWEEN INDIA AND HUNGARY FOR WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CONSEQUENCES?
a. Water Management
b. Nuclear Weapons
c. Foreign Currency
d. None of these
4. NAME THE INDIAN NAVY MISSILE CORVETTE WHICH IS ENGAGED IN 28TH INDIA-INDONESIA JOINT PATROL?
5. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF INDONESIA?
6. THE NATIONAL CENTRE FOR ANTARCTICA AND OCEAN RESEARCH HAS BEEN SITUATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES?
b. Himachal Pradesh
c. Arunachal Pradesh
7. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR DISASTER REDUCTION IS OBSERVED ON?
a. 14th October
b. 16th October
c. 13th October
d. 10th October
1. B 2. A 3. A 4. C 5. A 6. B 7. C
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN