DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 14TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR DISASTER REDUCTION OBSERVED ON OCTOBER 13
i. International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed annually on 13th October.
ii. The theme of the day is Live to Tell: Raising Awareness, Reducing Mortality.
2. BANK OF BARODA SIGNS BRAND ENDORSEMENT WITH SINDHU, SRIKANTH
i. Public lender Bank of Baroda today sealed a principal sponsorship contract with badminton Olympians P V Sindhu and K Srikanth.
3. INDIA DONATES RS. 9.3 MILLION TO MANDELA FOUNDATION
i. India donated Rs. 9.3 million to the Nelson Mandela Foundation to help it in its welfare work for the people of South Africa.
ii. The Nelson Mandela Foundation was established in 1999 after the then President Nelson Mandela stepped down as the President of South Africa.
4. GOVT APPOINTS G MAHALINGAM AS SEBI WHOLE-TIME MEMBER
i. The government has appointed Reserve Bank's Executive Director G Mahalingam as a Whole-Time Member of markets regulator Sebi.
ii. SEBI is the regulator of securities market in India.
CHARIMAN OF SEBI: U. K SINHA
5. ICICI BANK FIRST INDIAN LENDER TO EXECUTE BLOCKCHAIN TRANSACTION
i. ICICI Bank has become the first Indian lender to complete a banking transaction using Blockchain technology.
ii. This remittance transaction has been completed in partnership with Emirates NBD, a lender from the West Asia
6. CABINET APPROVES PACT BETWEEN EXIM BANK AND NDB
i. Union Cabinet today approved a pact between Export-Import Bank of India and New Development Bank with an aim to strengthen trade and economic ties.
ii. The New Development Bank aims to mobilize resources for development projects in BRICS, emerging economies and developing countries.
iii. The New Development Bank is a multilateral development bank established by the BRICS countries presided by K. V. Kamath.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “LIVE TO TELL: RAISING AWARENESS, REDUCING MORTALITY” IS THE THEME OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
a. World Environment Day
b. World Climate Day
c. International Day for disaster reduction
d. None of these
2. NAME THE CEO OF BANK OF BARODA?
a. PS JayaKumar
b. Ravi Venkatesh
c. Mayank Sharma
d. B. Joshi
3. WHO IS RECENTLY APPOINTED AS THE WHOLE TIME MEMBER OF SEBI?
a. Raghu Ram Rajan
b. G. Mahalingam
c. HR Khan
d. R. Gandhi
4. WHICH INDIAN BANK HAS BECOME THE FIRST TO EXECUTE BLOCK CHAIN TRANSACTION?
5. BLOCK CHAIN TRANSACTION IS ASSOCIATED WITH WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
a. Centralized Coin
b. Digital Coin
c. Bit Coin
d. Byte Coin
6. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF NEW DEVELOPMENT BANK LOCATED?
c. New Delhi
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. C 6. A