DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD STUDENT DAY OBSERVED ON OCTOBER 15
i.October 15th is observed as World student day in the remembrance of Dr. Abdul Kalam's birthday.
ii.Th eday is observed as World Student Day by United Nations Organization annually.
iii. He was the 11th President of India and as a scientist a great personality.
2. PM NARENDRA MODI INAUGURATES SHAURYA SMARAK IN BHOPAL
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 'Shaurya Smarak', the war memorial in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
3. AJAY KUMAR BHALLA APPOINTED NEW DGFT
i. Ajay Kumar Bhalla was appointed as the Director General of Foreign Trade .
ii. He has been appointed to the post in place of Anup Wadhawan, who has been appointed as additional secretary in the commerce ministry.
4. MIZORAM'S PACHUAU DECLARED INDIA'S OLDEST WORKING JOURNALIST
i. The Mizoram government and the Mizoram Journalists' Association declared Lalbiakthanga Pachuau as the "oldest working journalist in the country".
ii. The 90-year-old former soldier is the editor of 'Zoram Tlangau', a Mizo daily, started by him in 1970.
5. SAFE MOTHERHOOD WEEK STARTS IN UTTAR PRADESH
i. In Uttar Pradesh, the Safe Motherhood Week is being observed from 14 October to 21 October 2016.
ii. The main aim of the 'Safe Motherhood Week' is to decrease the 'Mother Mortality Rate' and 'Infant Mortality Rate'.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “SAFE MOTHERHOOD WEEK” HAS BEEN STARTED BY WHICH AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING STATES?
a. Uttar Pradesh
2. NAME THE PERSONALITY WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS OBSERVED AS THE “WORLD STUDENT DAY” ON OCTOBER 15?
a. Nelson Mandela
b. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
c. Abraham Lincon
d. Brack Obama
3. WHO IS APPOINTED AS THE NEW DIRECTOR GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE?
a. Raman Kumar
b. Jai Ram Naresh
c. Aman Kumar Singh
d. Ajay Kumar Bhalla
4. “KIRTIRAJ KUNDIK GAIKWAD” HAS BEEN AWARDED AS THE IAFP YOUNG SCIENTIST SCHOLARSHIP IN FIELD OF__________.
b. Cloud Computing
d. Green House Effect
5. ‘ZORAM TIANGAU’ IS THE DAILY NEWSPAPER OF WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATES OF INDIA?