Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17TH OCT 2016
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BRAZIL WON INAUGURAL BRICS U–17 FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Brazil has wonthe 1st BRICS U-17 Football Tournament 2016 held at Goa.
ii.Brazil defeated the South Africa in the final with 5-1.
ii.The 3rd place is grabbed by Russia after defeating China
2. FINLAND IS THE SAFEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD A REPORT BY WEF
i According to the report by the World Economic Forum on ‘Safety and Security,’ has revealed that the Finland is the safest place in the world.
ii.Finland is followed by Qatar and UAE ranked second and third respectively.
3. INDIA-RUSSIA SIGN AGREEMENT TO PRODUCE KA-226T HELICOPTERS JOINTLY
i. India and Russia formally inked the agreement for five S-400 Triumf air defence systems and four stealth frigates and a joint venture to manufacture Kamov-226T helicopters in India.
ii. The venture is held on the birthday of India's Misssile men A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
iii. The S-400 is considered one of the most advanced long range missile system in the
4. INDIA BECOMES FIRST TEAM TO PLAY 900 ODIS
i India's ODI againts New Zealand at Dharamshala on 16th oct 2016 is the team's 900th making it the world first side to achieve a milestone.
ii 900th One Day International match between India and New Zealand will be held at the HPCA stadium in Dharamshala.
iii. Out of the 899 ODI's, India has won 454, lost 399 tied seven, while 39 have abandoned.
5. IN THE FIRST, BANK DEPOSITS CROSS RS 100 LAKH CRORE
i. According to the data released by the RBI India’ banking system reported total deposits of Rs 100 lakh crore for the first time ever in September month.
ii. With demand deposits crossing Rs10 lakh crore and time deposits crossing the Rs 90 lakh crore mark, the month saw the highest-ever monthly rise of Rs 5.32 lakh crore.
6. USAIN BOLT TO RETIRE AFTER THE 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
i. Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt has announced that he is going to retire after the 2017 World Championships in London.
ii.He also informed that the Racers Grand Prix will be his last race on Jamaican soil.
7. RAJNATH SINGH INAUGURATES ‘RASHTRIYA SANSKRITI MAHOTSAV - 2016’
i. ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav -2016’ is being organized by Ministry of Culture in IGNCA premises, Janpath, New Delhi from 15th to 24th October, 2016.
ii. It will showcase the rich cultural heritage of India in all its rich and varied dimensions, viz Handicrafts, ainting, Sculpture,Cuisine, P Photography, Documentation and Performing Arts-Folk, Tribal, Classical and Contemporary- all in one place.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH COUNTRY IS DEFEATED BY BRAZIL IN THE INAUGURAL U-17 FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS?
c. South Africa
2. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF FINLAND?
3. WHO HAS INAUGURATED “RASTRIYA SANSKRITIKI MAHOTSAV 2016”?
a. Sri Padamanabha Acharya
b. Sri Rajnath Singh
c. Dr Mahesh Sharma
d. None of these
4. WHICH COUNTRY HAS BECOME 1ST TO PLAY 900 ODIS?
a. New Zealand
d. West Indies
5. WHICH TWO COUNTRIES FORMALLY INKED THE AGREEMENT TO PRODUCE KA-226T HELICOPTERS JOINTLY?
b. Russia- Korea
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN