DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BRAZIL WON INAUGURAL BRICS U–17 FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Brazil has wonthe 1st BRICS U-17 Football Tournament 2016 held at Goa.
ii.Brazil defeated the South Africa in the final with 5-1.
ii.The 3rd place is grabbed by Russia after defeating China
2. FINLAND IS THE SAFEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD A REPORT BY WEF
i According to the report by the World Economic Forum on ‘Safety and Security,’ has revealed that the Finland is the safest place in the world.
ii.Finland is followed by Qatar and UAE ranked second and third respectively.
3. INDIA-RUSSIA SIGN AGREEMENT TO PRODUCE KA-226T HELICOPTERS JOINTLY
i. India and Russia formally inked the agreement for five S-400 Triumf air defence systems and four stealth frigates and a joint venture to manufacture Kamov-226T helicopters in India.
ii. The venture is held on the birthday of India's Misssile men A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
iii. The S-400 is considered one of the most advanced long range missile system in the
4. INDIA BECOMES FIRST TEAM TO PLAY 900 ODIS
i India's ODI againts New Zealand at Dharamshala on 16th oct 2016 is the team's 900th making it the world first side to achieve a milestone.
ii 900th One Day International match between India and New Zealand will be held at the HPCA stadium in Dharamshala.
iii. Out of the 899 ODI's, India has won 454, lost 399 tied seven, while 39 have abandoned.
5. IN THE FIRST, BANK DEPOSITS CROSS RS 100 LAKH CRORE
i. According to the data released by the RBI India’ banking system reported total deposits of Rs 100 lakh crore for the first time ever in September month.
ii. With demand deposits crossing Rs10 lakh crore and time deposits crossing the Rs 90 lakh crore mark, the month saw the highest-ever monthly rise of Rs 5.32 lakh crore.
6. USAIN BOLT TO RETIRE AFTER THE 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
i. Jamaican athlete Usain Bolt has announced that he is going to retire after the 2017 World Championships in London.
ii.He also informed that the Racers Grand Prix will be his last race on Jamaican soil.
7. RAJNATH SINGH INAUGURATES ‘RASHTRIYA SANSKRITI MAHOTSAV - 2016’
i. ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav -2016’ is being organized by Ministry of Culture in IGNCA premises, Janpath, New Delhi from 15th to 24th October, 2016.
ii. It will showcase the rich cultural heritage of India in all its rich and varied dimensions, viz Handicrafts, ainting, Sculpture,Cuisine, P Photography, Documentation and Performing Arts-Folk, Tribal, Classical and Contemporary- all in one place.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH COUNTRY IS DEFEATED BY BRAZIL IN THE INAUGURAL U-17 FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS?
c. South Africa
2. WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF FINLAND?
3. WHO HAS INAUGURATED “RASTRIYA SANSKRITIKI MAHOTSAV 2016”?
a. Sri Padamanabha Acharya
b. Sri Rajnath Singh
c. Dr Mahesh Sharma
d. None of these
4. WHICH COUNTRY HAS BECOME 1ST TO PLAY 900 ODIS?
a. New Zealand
d. West Indies
5. WHICH TWO COUNTRIES FORMALLY INKED THE AGREEMENT TO PRODUCE KA-226T HELICOPTERS JOINTLY?
b. Russia- Korea