DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BCCI PRESIDENT ANURAG THAKUR APPIONTEED MEMBER OF POWERFUL ICC SUB-COMMITTEE
i. BCCI president Anurag Thakur has taken charge as the member of the ICC’s powerful Finance and Commercial Affairs committee.
ii. Anurag Singh Thakur is a member of Lok Sabha from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh.
2. KASHMIRI RED STAG TO BE DECLARED AS 'CRITICALLY ENDANGERED'
i. Kashmir red Stag popularly known as Hangul is on the verge of extinction.
ii. The International Union for Conservation of Nature is all set to declare it a ‘critically endangered’ species to protect this beautiful animal from disappearing from the earth.
iii. It is found in high valleys and mountains of the Kashmir Valley and northern Chamba district in Himachal Pradesh.
iv. It is state animal of jammu and Kashmir.
3. NAVDEEP SURI TO BE INDIA’S NEW ENVOY TO UAE
i. Senior diplomat Navdeep Singh Suri has been appointed Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates.
ii. He is currently serving as Indian High Commissioner in Canberra.
4. SANJAY SINGH APPOINTED MEMBER-SECRETARY IN LAW COMMISSION
i. Former legislative secretary Sanjay Singh has been appointed as Member Secretary, Law Commission of India.
ii. President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Singh to the post for a period up to August 31, 2018.
President of Law commission: Balbir singh chouhan
5. BRICS AGREES TO SET UP CREDIT RATING AGENCY
i. The BRICS has agreed to set up an independent BRICS Rating Agency in its efforts to challenge the western hegemony in the world of finance.
ii. A credit rating agency is a company that assigns credit ratings, which rate a debtor's ability to pay back debt by making timely interest payments.
6. NOVAK DJOKOVIC RETAINS TOP SPOT IN ATP RANKINGS
i. Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic retained the top spot in the Association of Tennis Professionals rankings.
ii. He is considered one of the greatest tennis players of all time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS APPOINTED AS THE NEW ENVOY TO UAE FROM INDIA?
a. Navdeep Singh Suri
b. Gurjot Singh Suri
c. Jagdeep Gill
d. Jasdeep Singh
2. NAME THE TENNIS PLAYER WHO RETAINS TOP SPOT IN ATP RANKINGS?
a. Andy Murray
b. Novak Djokovic
c. Leander Peas
d. None of these
3. WHO HAS APPOINTED MR. SANJAY SINGH AS THE MEMBER SECRETARY, LAW COMMISSION OF INDIA?
a. The Prime Minister
b. Chief Justice of India
c. The President
d. All of the above
4. WHICH COUNTRY HAS HOSTED THE 8TH BRICS SUMMIT, 2016?
5. THE BCCI PRESIDENT ANURAG THAKUR IS A LOK SABHA MEMBER FROM WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PROVINCES?
a. Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
b. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
c. Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
d. Kangara, Himachal Pradesh
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. A