DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S ATHLETES' COMMISSION
I. Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal has been appointed as a member of the International Olympic
Committee’s Athletes’ Commission.
II. Saina received a letter from the IOC President Thomas Bach.
III. The IOC Athletes' Commission is a body maintained by the International Olympic Committee for the purpose of representing athletes.
2. PM MODI LAUNCHES NATIONAL HUB FOR SC/ST ENTREPRENEURS IN LUDHIANA
I. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched national Schedule Castes/Schedule Tribes hub in Ludhiana.
II. The SC/ST hub aims to facilitate technology knowhow to reserved categories and increasing procurement by public and government units from SC/ST industrial units from existing 0.4% to 4%.
3. RUSSIA TO LEASE ANOTHER NUCLEAR-POWERED SUBMARINE TO INDIA
I. Russia has signed an agreement with India to lease out a second Russian Akula-2 class nuclear-powered submarine to the Indian Navy.
II. The attack submarine will arrive in Indian waters in 2020-21.
III. The lease agreement was signed between PM Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin during the BRICS Summit in Goa.
4. INDIAN WRESTLERS WIN FOUR MEDALS AT 2016 TAFISA WORLD GAMES
I. Four Indian wrestlers have won four medals individually including a gold medal, at the sixth
edition of the TAFISA World Games held in Jakarta, Indonesia.
II. Wrestler Dalmiya won gold medal in 60kg category.
III. Luv Singh won the silver medal in the 80 kg category.
iv. Naveen Kumar won the bronze medal in 90 Kg category.
IV. Josil won the bronze medal in the super heavyweight category
5. GEETA PHOGAT APPOINTED DSP IN HARYANA POLICE
I. Haryana Government has appointed international woman wrestler Geeta Phogat as a Deputy Superintendent of Police in Haryana Police.
II. Geeta Phogat is a female wrestler from India who won India's first ever gold medal in women's wrestling in the 55 kg freestyle category at the 2010 Commonwealth Games
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE PRESIDENT OF INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE?
a. Thomas Bach
b. Thomas Han
c. Thomas Jap
d. Thomas John
2. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE?
3. WHERE ARE THE 6TH TAFISA WORLD GAMES HELD AT?
a. Singapore, Malaysia
b. Jakarta, Indonesia
d. New Delhi, India
4. WHAT IS THE CURRENCY OF RUSSIA?
5. WHO AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING ARE APPOINTED AS THE MEMBER OF INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE’S ATHLETES COMMISSION?
a. Sania Nehwal
b. Geeta Phogat
c. Dipika Pallikar
d. Mary Kom
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. D 5. A