DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PM NARENDRA MODI ANNOUNCED INDIA'S FIRST RAILWAY UNIVERSITY IN VADODARA
i. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the integrated terminal building of Vadodara's Harni airport
ii. He also distributed artificial limbs and other implements to more than 8000 'Divyangs' (disabled persons) in the city.
2. AVIATION SCHEME UDAN (UDE DESH KA AAM NAAGRIK) STARTED
i. The Centre government unveiled a regional connectivity scheme known as UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik)
ii. Under the scheme, airlines will be offered a slew of sops at smaller airports such as waiver of landing and parking charges.
3. FIFA UNVEILS MASCOT FOR 2018 WORLD CUP
i. Zabivaka the wolf followed in the footsteps of Naranjito the orange, Footix the football-playing rooster and Fuleco the armadillo by being named as the official mascot of the 2018 World Cup.
ii. The wolf whose name according to FIFA means “the one who scores”
4. MAHESH SHARMA CHAIRS FIRST MEETING OF RECONSTITUTED CABC
i. Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma has chaired the first meeting of the Reconstituted
Central Advisory Board on Culture.
ii. The members of the CABC were requested to highlight priority areas in the fields of art, music, dance and literature.
5. RUPEES 2,000 NOTES WILL BE IN CIRCULATION SOON
i. Banknotes of the denomination of Rs.2,000 will be in circulation.
ii. The Reserve Bank of India has completed preparations for introducing this new high-value currency.
iii. The notes have already been printed and their despatch from the currency printing press in Mysuru has commenced.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. HARNI AIRPORT IS SITUATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF INDIA?
2. “UDAN SCHEME” IS RELATED TO WHICH OF THE FOLLOWINGS?
a. Aviation Department
b. Education Department
c. Foreign Trade
d. Women Development
3. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF BIMSTEC LOCATED?
a. Kathmandu, Nepal
b. Dhaka, Bangladesh
c. Bangkok, Thailand
d. New Delhi , India
4. WHO HAS CHAIRED THE FIRST MEETING OF RECONSTITUTED ‘CENTRAL ADVISORY BOARD ON CULTURE (CABC)?
a. Mukesh Sharma
b. Kapil Sharma
c. Mahesh Sharma
d. Rishi Sharma
5. WHICH CURRENCY PRINTING PRESS HAS COMMENCED THAT RS 2,000 NOTES WILL BE CIRCULATED SOON?
1. B 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. C