DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24TH OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. PM LAUNCHES #SANDESH2SOLDIERS CAMPAIGN
i. PM Narendra Modi has launched a campaigning named as #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign.
ii. The campaign is launched through which people can send their Diwali greetings and messages to the soldiers to boost their morale.
iii. The messages can be sent under the #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign on the Narendra Modi App, through MyGov.in, and also through All India Radio.
2. INDIA BEAT IRAN TO WIN 2016 KABADDI WORLD CUP
i. India beat Iran to win their third successive Kabaddi World Cup.
ii. India beat Iran 38-29 in the title clash to lift the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup in Ahmedabad on Saturday.
3. NORTH KOREA WON 2016 FIFA U-17 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP
i. North Korea won the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup after defeating Japan on
penalties in the final of the tournament.
ii. North Korea, who were the champions of the tournament's maiden edition in 2008, became the first team to win the tournament twice.
4. PRESIDENT INAUGURATES SARDAR PATEL HEART INSTITUTE AT ANKLESHWAR
i. President Pranav Mukherjee has inaugurated the Sardar Patel Heart Institute at Ankleshwar in Gujarat.
ii. He also unveiled the statue of Sardar Patel situated in the institute premises and is scheduled to deliver an address at the institute in a short while.
5. INDIA'S FIRST STARTUP MAGAZINE LAUNCHED
i. The Cofounder launches itself as India's first startup magazine that will help boost the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country through its stories.
ii. The Cofounder, founded by Adhish Verma and Arunraj Rajendran, is the first startup magazine that will talk about real stories behind the early stage startups and entrepreneurs.
6. OCTOBER 24 TO BE OBSERVED AS UNITED NATIONS DAY
i. The United Nations Day is being observed globally on October 24.
ii. The day marks the anniversary of the entry into force of the UN Charter (the founding document of UNO) in 1945.
iii. The day is devoted making people aware of the aims and achievements of the United Nations Organization.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHEN “UNITED NATION DAY” IS OBSERVED?
a. 21st October
b. 22nd October
c. 23rd October
d. 24th October
2. 2016 FIFA U-17 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP HELD AT _________________.
d. United States
3. WHICH COUNTRY HAS WON THIRD SUCCESSIVE TIME KABBADI WORLD CUP IN 2016?
4. PRESIDENT INAUGURATES SARDAR PATEL HEART INSTITUTE AT WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES?
5. BY DEFEATING WHICH COUNTRY, NORTH KOREA HAS BECOME WINNER OF THE 2016 FIFA U-17 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP?
1. D 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. D