DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 3rd OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. CENTRE GOVERNMENT CONSTITUTES INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY BOARD OF INDIA
I. The Centre has constituted a four-member Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India under the Chairmanship of M.S. Sahoo.
ii.Members of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India are:
a. Ajay Tyagi Additional Secretary, Finance Ministry;
b. Amardeep Singh Bhatia Joint Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs
c. G.S. Yadav Joint Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs
d. Unnikrishnan Legal Advisor, Reserve Bank of India.
2. KIEREN DSOUZA BECOMES THE FIRST INDIAN TO COMPLETE WORLD'S TOUGHEST RACE, SPARTATHLON
I. Bengaluru's Kieren Dsouza has become the first Indian to complete the Spartathlon.
ii.Spartathlon is widely described as the "world's toughest race".
iii. He completed the 246.6 km distance in the 2016 edition, in 33 hours, one minute and 38 seconds.
3. GUJARAT WORLD HERITAGE SITE RANI KI VAV BAGS ‘CLEANEST ICONIC PLACE’ AWARD
I. Gujarat’s 900-year-old World Heritage Site Rani ki Vav bagged an award for the “Cleanest Iconic Place” at the Indian Sanitation Conference 2016 at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi.
II. The Archaeological Survey of India has maintained the monument and its surroundings very well, offering clean drinking water and proper sanitation, among other things, to tourists.
4. S SIVAKUMAR APPOINTED AS FULL TIME MEMBER OF 21ST LAW COMMISSION OF INDIA
i.The Union Government has appointed S. Sivakumar as a full-time Member of the 21st Law Commission of India .
ii. Former Supreme Court judge Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan is Chairman of the commission.
Iii.The aim of the 21st LCI is to give major recommendations on a review of the Indian Penal Code
5. ABU DHABI CROWN PRINCE TO BE CHIEF GUEST ON REPUBLIC DAY IN INDIA
I. Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be the Chief Guest at the Republic Day celebrations on 26 January 2017.
ii.The Crown Prince has accepted the Indian invitation.
iii.It will give a strong boost to the bilateral ties between the two nations in key areas like trade and security.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE “SPARTATHLON” IS AN ANNUAL RACE BETWEEN WHICH TWO CITIES OF GREECE?
a. Athens & Patras
b. Athens & Sparta
c. Volos & Thebes
d. None of these
2. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS THE FULL TIME MEMBER OF 21ST LAW COMMISION OF INDIA BY THE UNIO GOVERNMENT?
a. R. Shivkumar
b. M. Shivkumar
c. S. Shivkumar
d. K. Shivkumar
3. WHO WILL BE THE CHIEF GUEST ON 2017 REPUBLIC DAY OF INDIA?
a. President of UAE
b. President of Russia
c. Crown Prince of Britain
d. Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi
4. WORLD HERITAGE SITE “RANI KI VAV” IS SITUATED IS IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES OF GUJARAT?
5. WHICH ICONIC HERITAGE OF THE COUNTRY HAS BAGGED AN AWARD FOR THE “CLEANEST ICONIC PLACE” AT 2016 INDIAN SANITATION CONFERENCE?
a. Taj Mahal
b. Red Fort
c. Rani ki Vav
d. Jantar Mantar