DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4th OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. JAPAN'S OHSUMI WON NOBEL PRIZE IN MEDICINE
i. Japan's Yoshinori Ohsumi a cell biologist specialising in autophagy, has received the 2016 Noble Prize in Medicine.
ii. He has received the award "for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy".
2. INDIA RATIFIES HISTORIC PARIS CLIMATE DEAL AT UN
i. India on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi joined the Paris Climate Change Agreement by submitting its instrument of ratification in New York
ii. India became the 62nd country to ratify the agreement.
iii. COP22 will take place at Marrakech in Morocco, 2016.
iv. The Paris Agreement is an agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change dealing with greenhouse gases.
3. INDIA'S GAGANJEET BHULLAR WINS KOREA OPEN
i. Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar won his 6th Asian Tour title winning the Korea Open 2016 in Incheon,South Korea.
ii. He won last asian title in 2013 and awarded Arjuna Award in 2013.
iii. Gaganjeet Singh Bhullar is an Indian professional golfer who plays on the Asian Tour.
4. DELHI POLICE LAUNCHES MOBILE APP FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
i. The Delhi Police has launched a mobile application for senior citizens to enable them to reach out to the police quickly in emergency situations.
ii. The application 'Delhi Police Senior Citizen' was launched by Delhi Lt. Governor Najeeb Jung
5.'MURGA' WINS FIRST PRIZE AT SWACHH BHARAT SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
i. Young filmmaker Katyayan Shivpuri, from Maharashtra, has won the first prize at the Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival for his work "Murga".
ii. The short film was directed by young filmmaker Katyayan Shivpuri from Maharashtra.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH NATION BIOLOGIST HAS RECEIVED THE 2016 NOBEL PRIZE IN MEDICINE?
2. AT WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES THE 22ND SESSION OF THE CONFERENCE OF PARTIES TO THE UINFCC WILL TAKE PLACE?
3. INDIA’S GAGANJEET BHULLAR WON HIS 6TH ASIAN TOUR TITLE, BY WINNING THE KOREA OPEN 2016 IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SPORTS?
a. Lawn Tennis
b. Table Tennis
4. NAME THE CITY WHICH HAS RECENTLY LAUNCHED “SENIOR CITIZEN” APP?
5. HOW MANY COUNTRIES HAVE RATIFIED “PARIS CLIMATE CHANGE” AGREEMENT?