Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7th OCT 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 7th OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. IMF REVISES INDIA'S ECONOMIC GROWTH UPWARDS TO 7.6% FOR FY17 AND 18
i. The International Monetary Fund has raised projections for India's economic growth by 0.2 percentage points to 7.6% for 2016-17 and 2017-18.
ii. The International Monetary Fund is an international organization headquartered in Washington, D.C.
2. SUSHIL CHANDRA APPOINTED CBDT CHAIRMAN
i. The Government has appointed Indian Revenue Service Officer Sushil Chandra as the next chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
ii. He will take over from the current CBDT Chairperson Rani Singh Nair, who will retire on October 31. Chandra is currently posted as Member, CBDT.
3. POWERFUL TYPHOON CHABA TO HIT JAPAN
i. Powerful typhoon Chaba barrelled toward Japan after it hit a South Korean resort island causing flight cancellations and flooding streets.
4. MOHAN REDDY APPOINTED HON. CONSUL OF GERMANY
i. Germany has appointed former Nasscom Chairman B V R Mohan Reddy as an Honourary Consul of that country in Hyderabad.
ii. Mohan Reddy will be the Consul for Germany in Telangana and Hyderabad.
5. NEW SOLAR POWERED GUARD VAN OF GOODS TRAIN FLAGGED OFF
i. Railways Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu flags off the newly manufactured Guard Van of Goods (Freight) Train, in New Delhi.
ii. The newly manufactured Guard Van of Goods Train has been equipped for the first time with Solar powered Light, Fan, and Mobile Charging Point along with the facility of Zero discharge Bio Toilet.
6. FINANCE MINISTRY TO SET UP PUBLIC DEBT MANAGEMENT CELL
i. Union Finance Ministry has constituted a Public Debt Management Cell (PDMC). The cell was created to streamline government borrowings and better cash management with the overall objective of deepening bond markets.
ii. The Joint Secretary (Budget), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance would be the overall in-charge of the ODMC.
7. FIRST BRICS U – 17 FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT KICKED OFF IN GOA
i. The first BRICS Under-17 football tournament kicked off in Goa.
ii. The initiative of the Government of India aims at taking the ongoing interaction and cohesion amongst the BRICS nations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND LOCATED?
a. Washington DC
c. New York
d. None of these
2. NAME THE POWERFUL HURRICANE WHICH HAS HIT JAPAN?
3. WHICH COUNTRY HAS APPOINTED MOHAN REDDY AS THE HONORARY CONSUL OF INDIA?
4. FIRST BRICS U-17 FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITIES?
5. NAME THE UNION RAILWAY MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu
b. Suresh Malla
c. Dipa Kamakar
d. None of these
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN