Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 8th OCT 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 8th OCT 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. FORMER PORTUGAL PM, ANTONIO GUTERRES SET TO BECOME NEXT UNSC
i. Former Prime Minister of Portugal Antonio Guterres is going to become the next Secretary-General of the United Nations.
ii. The United Nations Security Council is charged with the maintenance of international peace and security as well as accepting new members to the United Nations and approving any changes to its United Nations Charter.
2. ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA COLLABORATES WITH FACEBOOK TO REGISTER YOUNG VOTERS
i. Social networking site Facebook is collaborating with the Election Commission of India in five states, which are going to polls next year.
CHIEF ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA: NASIM ZAIDI
3. 2016 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE AWARDED TO COLOMBIAN PRESIDENT JUAN MANUEL SANTOS
i. The 2016 Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos.
ii.He was selected for his resolute efforts to bring the more than 50-year-long civil war of Colombia to an end.
4. INDIA TO HOST ASIAN MINISTERIAL CONFERENCE ON DISASTER RISK REDUCTION
i. India will host the Asian Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction from 3 November to 5 November 2016.
ii.Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conference in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction .
iii.The Conference will focus on partnership with governments and stakeholders to imbibe the practices in the region’s development narrative.
5. PAWAN CHAMLING HONOURED WITH SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT LEADERSHIP AWARD
i. Pawan Chamling the CM of Sikkim was conferred the prestigious 2016 Sustainable Development Leadership Award.
ii.The award was presented to Chamling in recognition of his vision and leadership in environment and sustainable development leading to the establishment of Sikkim as the first and only organic state in the country.
iv. Sikkim is also known as the Land of flowers
6. SHOOTER JITU RAI BAGS SILVER AT WORLD CUP IN ITALY
i. Indian shooter Jitu Rai clinched a silver medal in the 50 meter pistol event of the ISSF World Cup Final at Bologna Italy.
ii In 2016 Rio Olympics he finished at the eighth position in the men’s 10 meter pistol final.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHICH COUNTRY IS HOSTING THE ISSF WORLD CUP?
2. INDIAN SHOOTER “JITU RAI” HAS CLINCHED WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING MEDALS IN THE ISSF WORLD CUP?
3. WHO IS HONORED WITH 2016 SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT LEADERSHIP AWARD?
a. Narendra Modi
b. Sushma Swaraj
c. Nitish Kumar
d. Pawan Chambling
4. INDIA WILL HOST ASIAN MINISTERIAL CONFERENCE ON WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CONSEQUENCES?
a. Disaster Risk Reduction
b. International Disarmament
c. Population Control
d. All of the above
5. ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA IS COLLABORATED WITH WHICH SOCIAL NETWORK WEBSITE?
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN