Daily GK Updates & Daily News in India with free current affairs. You will get free Current affairs on Daily Basis and GK questions which will help you in Banking and SSC Exams. Daily News in India. Check this Current affair page on daily basis for the improvement of General awareness section. Free GK Quiz on Daily Basis.

Follow by Email For Daily Alerts

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

DAILY GK 2-3 AUG 2020

DAILY GK 2-3 AUG 2020

1. UPSTREAM CARRIAGEWAY OF MAHATMA GANDHI BRIDGE

·       Mahatma Gandhi Bridge/Setu over river Ganga in Bihar, Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) Nitin Jairam Gadkari virtually inaugurated its upstream carriageway.

·       This means the two lanes are completed of the 4-lane bridge which is being renovated at a cost of Rs 1,742 crore.

·       The online ceremony was presided over by Chief Minister (CM) of Bihar Nitish Kumar. 

 

2. INDIA & UK TIE UP FOR NEW 8 MILLION POUNDS MEDICINAL RESEARCH

·       Lord Tariq Ahmad of Wimbledon, The Minister of State for South Asia and the Commonwealth announced funding and tie up between The United Kingdom(UK) and India for five new medicinal research projects worth 8 million pounds (around Rs78 crore) to tackle the anti-microbial resistance to support the combat against antibiotic resistant bacteria and genes during his ‘virtual visit’ to India.

·       The UK partnered with India’s Serum Institute for the manufacturing of COVID-19 vaccine.

 

3. RAPID TESTING FOR COVID-19 IN UNDER 30 SECONDS

·       Experts from India and Israel have collaborated to develop rapid testing for COVID-19 in under 30 seconds by merging the technological expertise of Israel with  Indian development and production capabilities.

·       They have started to conduct trials at a special testing site at Dr Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital on a large sample of patients for 4 different kinds of technologies namely, Voice test, Breath analyser test, Isothermal testing and Polyamine acid testing.

 

4. MAGNET PROJECT TO HELP FARMERS

·       The Maharashtra government approved the Maharashtra Agribusiness Network (MagNet) project worth about Rs 1,000 crore(USD 142.9 million).

·       The project aims to help farmers across all districts in the state for the next 6 years.

·       This will boost the fruit and vegetable production and will improve processing and minimise the losses in the sector of perishables. 

·        70% of the project will be funded by Asian Development Bank(ADB) while the rest of 30% by the state government.

 

5. HARYANA’S FOREST DEPARTMENT USED DRONE FOR AERIAL SEEDING

·       In order to improve green cover in the inaccessible Aravalli area of Haryana’s Faridabad district, the Haryana forest department has used drone technology to shower 50,000 seeds pallets covered with a mixture of clay and compost.

·       This ‘seeding drone’ is designed by an Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)-Kanpur backed startup. 

 


Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment