DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-18 DECEMBER 2014
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) TWINS AT PEAK OF MOUNTAINEERING GLORY
Ø By scaling Mt. Vinson, Antarctica’s highest mountain, Tashi Malik and Nungshi Malik have
become the world’s first twins and siblings to climb the highest peaks on the seven continents.
Ø They belong to Dehradoon, Uttaranchal.
Ø They dedicate their mission to the course of Indian Girl Child
Ø They stated their mission by Conquering Mt. Killimanjara, Mt. Everest, Mt. Elbrus, Mt.
Aconcagua, Mt. Carotenes Pyramid, Mt. McKinley and finally to Mt. Vinson.
1. Tashi Malik and Nungshi Malik have become the world’s first twins or sibling to scale the highest peaks on the Seven continents, they belongs to which Indian State:
c. Himachal Pradesh
d. J & K
2. By Scaling highest peaks on seven continents they dedicated their mission to:
a. Environment in India
b. Women Empowerment in India
c. Transportation in India
d. Indian Girl Child
2) INDIA TO GROW 5.5% , SAYS ADB
Ø India will achieve 5.5% economic growth rate in 2014-15, as declining oil prices present a golden opportunity for many beneficial reforms.
Ø Asian development Bank was established in 1966, with Head quarters at Manila
1. What growth projection has been given by ADB for India:
3) AIBA BANS SARITA DEVI
Ø The International Boxing Association suspended Sarita Devi for refusing to accept Asian Games bronze medal, held in South Korea.
Ø She has been banned for one year.
1. Who among the following Indian Boxing player has been banned for one year by AIBA:
a. Sarita Devi
b. Mary Kom
4) FORMER SC JUDGE AWARDED ‘PETA’ AWARD
Ø Justice KS Radhakrishnan was given PETA India’s people of the year award (2014), for passing landmark judgment which imposed a ban on jallikattu bull race.
Ø People for the ethical treatment of animals (PETA) is on animal rights organization.
1. Who among the following has been awarded PETA India’s People of the year award:
a. Justice K.G. Balakrishna
b. Justice K.S. Radhakrishnan
c. Justice MarkandeyKatju
d. Justice H.L.Dattu