Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs gk GK Updates DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 07 JAN. 2015
Thursday, January 8, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-07 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1). KRISHNAMURTHY APPOINTED PRIVATE SECRETARY OF UNION DEFENCE MINISTER
Ø P .Krishnamurthy (IAS) is appointed as Private Secretary of Union Defence Minister ManoharParikar
Ø He will be serving for the period of 5 years.
1. Who has been appointed as a Private Secretary of ManoharParikar (Defence Minister)
a. P. Krishnamurthy
b. Anoop Mishra
2). P.M. RELEASES COMMEMORATIVE COINS TO MARK 175TH BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF JAMSETJI TATA
Ø P.M has released commemorative coins to honour Tata group founder JamsetjiNusserwanji Tata
Ø P.M released coins in the denomination of Rs. 100 and Rs 5 to mark his 175th birth anniversary.
Ø He will be the first industrialist in India to be honored by Government in such a manner.
Ø He is regarded as ‘Father of Indian Industry’.
Ø Tata Iron and steel Company ltd (TISCO) is Asia’s first and India’s largest steel company.
Ø Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore
Ø Jamshedpur district in Jharkhand is named after him.
1. Name the first industrialist who has been recently honored on his 175th birthday by commemorating coins of Rs 100 and Rs 5:
a. Jamsedji Tata
b. Abhinav Birla
c. Sidharath Birla
3) NATIONAL SUB-JUNIOR BILLIARDS TITLE 2015 WON BY S.SRIKRISHNA
Ø S. Srikrishna has won his first National sub-Junior Billiards title at the BRC glister National Billiards and Snooker Championship 2015.
Ø He defeated Ishpreet Singh Chadha
1. Who has won sub-Junior Billiards title 2015:
a. S. Srikrishna
c. Manoj Kumar
4) PRESISDENT SIGNS ORDINANCE AMENDING CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1955
Ø President Pranab Mukherjee signed ordinance to amend Citizenship Act, 1955.
Ø It was signed on the opening ceremony of ParvasiBhartiyaDiwas 2015.
Ø It will merge Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) scheme to provide lifelong visa facility and exemption from appearing before the local police station on every visit.
Ø It also aims to change marriage act that states the compulsory one year stay to get Indian Citizenship.
1. Recently amended, Citizenship Act, 1955 provides relaxation of __________ to PIOs:
a. Dual Citizenship
c. Free Visa
d. Permanent Residence
5) PARVASI BHARTIYA DIWAS, 2015 TO BE HELD IN GUJARAT
Ø The three-day meet of Indian Diaspora i.e. ParwasiBhartiyaDiwas ,2015 to be held in Gujarat.
Ø PBD is celebrated on every 9th Jan because on this day, M.K.Gandhi returned from South Africa in 1915.
Ø This will also mark the 100th anniversary of Gandhi’s return.
1. ParwasiBhartiyaDiwas Is Observed On:
a. 7TH JAN
b. 10TH JAN
c. 6TH JAN
d. 9TH JAN
6) PUNJAB BECOMES FIRST STATE TO BAN LOOSE CIGARETTE SALES
Ø Punjab has become the first state in India to ban sale of loose cigarettes to dissuade consumer who don’t get to see pictorial warning that appears on pack.
1. Which state in India has become the first to ban loose cigarette sale:
b. Himachal Pradesh
d. J &K
7) CHINA TO BUILD LONGEST HIGH SPEED TRAIN
Ø China has signed a deal with Russia to build the world’s longest high speed railway connecting Beijing with Moscow.
Ø It will be 700 km long track
1. What is the extension of upcoming longest high speed train proposed by China:
a. Beijing to Moscow
b. Beijing to Berlin
c. Beijing to Ottawa
d. Beijing to St. Petersburg
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN