Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs gk GK Updates DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 8 JAN. 2015
Thursday, January 8, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-08 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) GUYANA PRESIDENT DONALD RAMOTAR IS CHIEF GUEST ON PARVASI BHARTIYA DIVAS
Ø The chief Guest of the 13th edition of ParvasiBhartiya Divas is Guyana President DonaldRomotar.
Ø He will also be presented with ParvasiBhartiyaSamman (The highest conferred an overseas Indian and PIOs)
Ø PBD is being held in Gujarat to mark the 100 years of Mahatma Gandhi’s arrival from South Africa to India in 1915
1. Who will be the chief guest on 13th edition of the PBD:
a. Shinzo Abe
b. Donald Ramotar
c. Barack Obama
2) AMITABH BACHCHAN NAMED AS THE BRAND AMBASADAR OF AP HEALTH SECTOR
Ø Bollywood Actor Amitabh Bachchan is appointed as the brand ambassador of health sector in Andhra Pradesh by Andhra Pradesh State Health Minister KamineniSrinivas
Ø He will participate in various health related campaigns for A.P government
Ø Amitabh Bachchan is also brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism and Polio eradication campaign.
1. Which state government has appointed Amitabh Bachchan as Brand Ambassador of Health Sector:
b. Andhra Pradesh
3) INDIAN DIPLOMAT ATUL KHARE APPOINTED AS UN UNDER SECTRATARY GENERAL FOR FIELD SUPPORT
Ø Atulkhare is appointed as UN under Secretary-General for field support ,Department of field support by Secretary General of UN Ban-Ki-Moon
Ø He will succeed Bangladesh’s AmeerHaq.
1. Who among the following Indian diplomat is named as UN under sectratary General of Field Support
4) DINESH ORAON ELECTED AS SPEAKER OF JHAKHAND ASSEMBLY
Ø Dinesh Oraon (BJP) is elected as speaker of Jharkhand Assembly.
Ø He is the 10th speaker of the Jharkhand Legislative assembly
1. Dinesh Oraon is ________________ speaker of Jharkhand Assembly:
5) ICICI LAUNCHED INDIA’S FIRST CONTACTLESS CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS
Ø India’s largest private sector Bank ICICI has launched India’s first contactless debit and credit cards.
Ø This card will allow to make electronic payments by waving the cards near the machanttermind instead of swiping.
Ø These cards are based on the Near Field Communication Technology and powered by Mastercard contactless and visa paywave technologies
1. Which among the following Indian Bank has launched first contactless Debit and Credit Cards
c. Axis Bank
d. Yes Bank
6) ‘LARRY PAGE’ CHOOSEN FORTUNE BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR 2014
Ø Chief executive officer and co-founder of Google Mr. Larry Page is named as Business Person of the Year 2014 by Fortune Magazine
Ø CEO of Apple ‘Tim Cook’ is ranked second
1. Who is named as Business Person of the year, 2014 by fortune Magazine
a. Larry Page
b. Bill Gates
c. Tim Cook
d. John C.Martin
7) TULSI GABBARD AND AMI BERA TAKE OATH FOR SECOND TERM IN US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Ø Congresswomen TulsiGababard is the first Hindu law maker in US to take oath on Bhagvad Gita.
Ø Dr. Ami Bera is the only serving Indian – American in Congress.
1. Who among the following is the first US lawmaker to take oath on Bhagvad Gita:
b. Ami Bera
8) PAKISTAN PRESIDENT SIGNS BILL TO SET UP ARMY COURTS
Ø Special Military Courts will be set up in Pakistan to fast track terror- related cases.
Ø It aimed to create constitutional military courts to try and punish terrorists
1. Which country has set up special military courts to punish terrorists:
9) TENCENT LAUNCHED FIRST PRIVATE ONLINE BANK OF CHINA NAMED ‘ WE BANK’
Ø Tencent limited launched first online bank of China and was named as ‘We Bank’
Ø It aimed to boost business
1. What is the name of first private online bank launched in China:
a. We Bank
b. Our Bank
c. Community Bank
d. Sole Bank
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN