Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE gk GK Updates DAILY GK UPDATES 15,16 JANUARY 2015
Friday, January 16, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-15-16 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) H.S. BRAHMA IS NEW CHIEF ELECTION COMMISSIONER
Ø The President of India has appointed Hari Shankar Brahma as the new Chief Election Commissioner.
Ø He will be 19th CEC of India.
Ø He will succeed V.S.Sampath.
Ø H.S.Brahma will be 2nd CEC from the northeast after J.M.Lynghod.
1. Who among the following has been appointed as the 19th CEC of India.
2) CENSOR BOARD CHIEF LEELA SAMSON RESIGNS
Ø Chairperson of Central Board of Film Certification Leela Samson has resigned.
Ø She resigned after Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT) cleared the Controversial film ‘Messenger of God’ featuring DeraSacha Soudha Chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh in lead role.
Ø FCAT is statutory body which comes under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
1. Who has resigned over controversial film ‘Messenger of God’
a. Leela Samson
c. Mamta Sharma
3) KIRAN BEDI JOINS BJP
Ø Former IPS officer KiranBediJoined the BJP in the presence of Party Chief Amit Shah, union Minister ArunJaitley and Harsh Vardhan
Ø She will contest the Delhi Assembly Elections in February
Ø She is the first women IPS officer
1. Who was the first women IPS officer
c. Bachanderi Pal
4) RBI CUTS REPO RATE BY 25 BASIC POINTS
Ø RBI has cut down repo rate by 25 basis point to 7.75 percent from 8 percent
Ø It was announced ahead of the scheduled date of monetary policy announcement on 3rd Feb, 2015 as part of RBI’s 6th bi-monthly Monetary Policy statement
Ø Repo Rate – 7.75%
Ø Reverse Repo Rate – 6.75%
Ø Cash Reserve Ratio – 4%
Ø Marginal Standing Facility – 8.75%
Ø Banking Rate- 8.75%
1. Match the following
1. Repo Rate a. 8.75%
2. Reverse Repo Rate b. 7.75%
3. Cash Reserve Ratio c. 4%
4. Banking Rate d. 6.75%
5) 67th ARMY DAY IS BEING OBSERVED ON 15TH JANUARY
Ø India has observed 67th Army Day on 15th January, 2015
Ø This day is observed annually to commemorate when Lt. General K.M. Cariappa o 15th January, 1949. Become the first Indian commander-in-chief of the Indian Army post independence by succeeding British Army General Roy Butcher
1. 67th Army Day is observed on:
a. 10th January
b. 12th January
c. 15th January
d. 16th January
6) ANUPAM SHRIVASTVA IS NEW CMD OF BSNL
Ø AnupamShrivastva is appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of BSNL
Ø Currently, A.N.Rai is heading additional charge of CMD.
1. Who has been appointed as CMD of BSNL
7) PRABHU NATH DWIVEDI BAGGED SAHITYA AKADEMI AWARD FOR SANSKRIT
Ø Noted Sanskrit scholar PrabhuNathDwivedi was named as winner of the Sahitya Akademi award, 2014
Ø He has been hounded for his work ‘Kanakalochanaha’ , a collection of 16 short stories based on various social issues
Ø Sahitya Akademi award is conferred every year on writers who have shown outstanding works in one of the twenty four major India languages
1. Who has won Sahitya Akademi Award,2014:
b. Gurbaksh Singh
8) BHAKTI SHARMA SETS WORLD RECORD IN ANTARCTIC OCEAN BY SWIMMING 1.4 MILES IN 52 MINUTES
Ø Indian open water swimmer Bhakti Sharma set a record in swimming.
Ø She made this record by swimming 1.4 miles in 52 minutes in one degree temperature in the Antarctic Ocean.
Ø She became the first Asian and youngest women in the world to achieve this
1. Who is Bhakti Sharma
d. Tennis Player
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN