DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-14 JANUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) ALUR SEELIN KIRAN KUMAR IS NEW CHAIRMAN OF ISRO
Ø Union Government has appointed AlurSeelinKiran Kumar as new Chairman of Indian Space Research Organization.
Ø He will be succeeding K.Radhakrishnan.
Ø He will have tenure of 3 years.
1. Who among the following has been appointed as new chairman of ISRO
b. AlurSeelinKiran Kumar
2) UNION GOVERNMENT SACKED DRDO CHIEF
Ø Union Government has sacked chief of Defense Research and Development Organization ,Avinash Chander, 16 months before his contract ends.
Ø He was appointed as DRDO chief in June 2013
Ø He is the chief architect of Agni series of ballistic missile system and considered as Agni man of India
1. Who is known as Agni man of India
c. Avinash Chander
d. Suresh Rana
3) INDIA’S FIRST CNG TRAIN IN HARYANA
Ø Railway Minster Suresh Prabhu has flagged off India’s first Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) powered train in Haryana
Ø It will run from Rewari to Rohtak
Ø It is powered by Diesel Electric Multiple unit
Ø It is based on dual fuel system – diesel and CNG
1. India’s first CNG train has been flagged from Rewari to :
4) RAGHURAM RAJAN WON GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
Ø RBI governor RaghuramRajan has won governor of the year in the central banking awards for 2015
Ø It is given by a British Magazine
Ø He was chosen for his focused approach in leading the RBI
Ø He was chief economist at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from 2003-07 and was chief economic advisor to Indian Government in 2013
1. Who has won Governor of the year award
b. D. Subbarao
c. Y V Reddy
d. C.D. Deshmukh
5) MOM TEAM WON SPACE PIONEER AWARD 2015
Ø The team of ISRO’s Mars Orbiter Mission has won space Pioneer Award, 2015,by National Space Society
Ø They will receive this award during National Space Society’s 34th International Space Development Conference in May 2015.
Ø This award is given by NSS, an American educational and scientific organization
1. Who has won Space Pioneer Award, 2015:
a. MOM team
b. AGN team
c. Chandrayan Team
d. IRNDs team
6) K.K.GOYANKA SELECTED FOR VYAS SAMMAN, 2014
Ø Hindi, writer Dr. Kamal Kishore Goyanka has been selected for VyasSamman, 2014.
Ø He has been selected for his work ‘PremchandKeeKahaniyoKaaKaalkramanusarAdhyayan’
Ø VyasSamman is instituted by K.K.Birla foundation in recognition of Hindi Literature, with 2.5 lakh monetary award.
1. Who among the following instituted VyasSamman
a. K.K.Birla Foundation
b. Reliance Capital
c. Adani Foundation
d. Sahara Foundation