DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS-2-FEBRUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) 18TH NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON E-GOVERNANCE HELD IN GUJARAT
Ø 18th National Conference on e-Governance was held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Ø The main Theme of the Conference was Digital Governance – New Frontiers.
Ø Chief Minister of Gujarat Anandiben Patel distributed National e-Governance Awards for the year 2014-15 in 12 different categories concerning various aspects of e-Governance.
2) GOVERNMENT RELEASED COMMEMORATIVE POSTAGE STAMPS ON SWACHH BHARAT MISSION AS THEME
Ø The Commemorative Postage stamps on the theme of Swachh Bharat Mission were released on 30 January 2015 to mark the Martyrdom Day of Mahatma Gandhi.
Ø The design of the stamps was selected through a competition among the children on the theme of Swachh Bharat Mission.
Ø The Swachh Bharat Mission was launched by the Prime Minister NarendraModi on 2 October 2014.
1. Who among the following has launched the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’
c. Raj Nath Singh
3) FILMFARE AWARDS ANNOUNCED
Ø VikasBahl'sDirected movie ‘Queen’ won in key categories including best film, best director and best actress for its lead star KanganaRanautat the 60th Filmfare awards.
Ø Vishal Bhardwaj's Shakespearean tale 'Haider' bagged five wins which includes ShahidKapoor in the best actor category and best supporting honours for Tabu and Kay KayMenon.
Ø Alia Bhatt bagged the best actress (Critics) trophy for Highway and Sanjay Mishra won the best actor (Critics) for his outstanding performance in AnkhonDekhi.
Ø AnkitTiwari won best male playback singer for Galiyaan from Ek Villain.
Ø KanikaKapoor was named best female playback singer for Baby Doll from Ragini MMS 2.
1. Who among the following got Filmfare Award for Best Actress
a. Amrita Arora
4) DJOKOVIC WINS AUSTRALIAN OPEN
Ø Djokovicwon his fifth Australian Open crown, beating Andy Murray 7-6(5), 6-7(4), 6-3, 6-0.
Ø The only man to win more Australian titles than Djokovic is Roy Emerson, who chalked up six in the 1960s.
1. Who among the following has won the Men’s Singles title of Australian Open Tennis Tournament
a. Novak Djokovic
b. Andy Murray
c. Roger Federer
d. Carlos Moya
5) MARTINA HINGIS, PAES WIN AUSTRALIAN OPEN MIXED DOUBLE TITLE
Ø They beat France’s Kristina Mladenovic and Canadian Daniel Nester, 6-4, 6-3 in Final.
Ø Paes, 41, has won eight men’s doubles and seven mixed doubles Grand .
Ø Paes also reclaimed the title of the oldest man to win a grand slam title in the open era, supplanting his opponent Daniel Nestor
1. Leander Paes paired with _________________ won Australian Open Mixed Double Title
b. Maria Sharapova
c. Martina Hingis
d. Maria Maladova