Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE gk GK Updates DAILY GK UPDATES 1 FEBRUARY 2015
Monday, February 2, 2015
DAILY GK UPDATES 1, 2 -FEBRUARY 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1) SERENA WILLIAMS WON AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2015
Ø Serena Williams won the women’s single title of Australian Open of Tennis.
Ø In final the world number one American defeated Maria Sharapova, the world number two from Russia 6-3, 7-6(5) in Melbourne, Australia.
Ø With this win, 33- years and 127 days old Williams became the oldest winner of the Australian Women’s title in the Open era.
Ø This was the 19th Grand Slam title and the sixth Australian Open title for Williams.
1. Who among the following has won the Women’s Singles title of Australian Open Tennis Tournament
a. Maria Sharapova
b. Serena Williams
c. Martina Hingis
d. Venus Williams
2) INDIA SUCCESSFULLY TEST-FIRED AGNI-5 MISSILE
Ø India successfully test-fired indigenously developed canister-based Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile(ICBM)Agni-5 from Wheeler's Island off Odisha coast.
Ø Agni-5 is a Surface-To-Surface nuclear capable missile.
Ø Agni-5 missile is a three stage solid propellant missile
Ø It has strike range of over 5000 kilometer
Ø It is capable of carrying nuclear warhead of over one tonne.
Ø It is about 17 meters long, 2 meters wide and has a launch weight of around 50 tonnes.
Ø At present, India in its armoury of Agni series have Agni-1 with 700 km range, Agni-2 with 2000 km range, Agni-3 and Agni-4 with 2500 km to more than 3500 range.
1. India has successfully test fired ‘Agni-5’ missile have the striking range of _______ km
a. 4000 km
b. 6000 km
c. 5000 km
d. 7000 km
3) KRISHNA CHAUDHARY IS APPOINTED DIRECTOR GENERAL OF ITBP
Ø Krishna Chaudhary is appointed as the Director General (DG) of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
Ø Chaudhary succeeded SubhasGoswami who retired on 31 December 2014.
1. Who among the following is recently appointed as Director General of ITBP
a. Rajiv Khurana
c. Ramesh Verma
d. Krishna Chaudhary
4) DWAYNE BRAVO QUITS TEST CRICKET
Ø West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has announced his retirement from Test cricket.
Ø Hesaid he had made clear his desire to continue playing ODIs and Twenty20s.
Ø He bagged 86 wickets at an average of nearly 40.
1. ‘Dwayne Bravo’ who recently quits Test Cricket belongs to which country
b. West Indies
d. New Zealand
5) AUSTRALIA WON ASIAN CUP FOOTBALL
Ø Australia claimed the biggest prize in the history of Australian football with a 2-1 extra-time victory over South Koreain the Asian Cup final at ANZ Stadium in Sydney .
Ø Australians secured their first AFC Asian Cup since joining the Asian Football Confederation in 2006
1. Which country won Asian Cup Football
d. New Zealand
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN