Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Free current Affairs GK Updates DAILY FREE CURRENT AFFAIRS 17 APRIL 2015
Friday, April 17, 2015
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 17 APRIL 2015
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SURANTA LAHIRI AND KATTESH V KATTI RECEIVED HEVESY MEDAL AWARD 2015:
. Chemical Scientist susanta Lahiri and Kattesh V Katti are honoured with Heavesy Medal Award 2015.
. The Award were presented at the 10th International conference on Methods and Applications of Radio-Analytical Chemical held in USA.
. Susanta Lahiri won the award for his contributions to heavy ion induced radioisotope production, converter targets, Green Chemical and Tracer packet technique. He is a professor at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics in Kolkata.
. Katesh V. Katti is a professor in University of Missouri in Columbia, USA.
2. JAMAL BENOMAR RESIGNED:
. United Nations peace envoy to Yemen, Jamal Benomar Resigned.
. His regination came after Saudi –led coalition launched an air war to stop the advance by the Shiite Houthis.
3. PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI VISIT TO CANADA:
. India and Canada signed Nuclear Agreement on Supply of Uranium.
. Indian PM Narendra Modi and Canadian PM Stephen Harper signed the agreement for supply of Uranium to India.
. Canadian PM also returned 900 years old ancient sculpture from Khajuraho temple known as ‘parrot lady’ to Narendra Modi.
4. DR MOHAN KUMAR APPOINTED AS AMBASSADOR TO FRANCE:
. Dr. Mohan Kumar is appointed as the next ambassador of India to France.
. Dr. Mohan Kumar has succeeded Arun Kumar.
. Dr. Mohan Kumar is a 1981-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer.
· Prior to this, Dr. Mohan Kumar was serving as Ambassador of India to Bahrain
· Arun Kumar is appointed as Ambassador to USA.
5. AGNI-III SUCCESSFULLY TEST-FIRED:
. India has successfully test fired its Agni-III ballistic missile from wheeler Island off the Odisha coast in the Bay of Bengal.
. Agni-III is a surface-to-surface ballistic missile with a range of more than 3000 km.
. Test fire was conducted from a mobile launcher by the strategic force command (SFC).
6. BHEL SIGNED AN MOU WITH RUSSIAN FIRM INTMA:
. Bharat heavy electrical limited of India and Russian firm INTMA have signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
. MoU was signed to set up a gas –based power project in Kazakhstan.
7. SATYA PAL JAIN APPOINTED AS ADDITIONAL SOLICITOR GENERAL:
. Satya Pal Jain is appointed as the new additional Solicitor General of India.
. Satya Pal Jain is former Chandigarh MP and a Senior Advocate.
C. Satya Pal Jain is appointed as Additional Solicitor General of India in Punjab and Haryana High Court for three years.
8. 3-MEMBER PANEL TO PROBE CHARGES AGAINST HC JUDGE:
. Vice-President Hamid Ansari has set up a 3-member panel to probe charges against Madhya Pradesh High Court Judge.
. Madhya Pradesh High Court Judge SK Gangele is under scrutiny for sexual harassment charges.
. 3-member committee is to be headed by Supreme Court Judge Vikramjit Sen.
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN