DAILY FREE CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 JULY 2015
(DAILY NEWS IN INDIA)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WORLD HEPATITIS DAY OBSERVED ON 28TH JULY
i. World Hepatitis Day observed on 28th July with the theme ‘Prevent Hepatitis , act now’.
ii. It is observed for raising awareness about Hepatitis B and C.
iii. According to a survey 1.4 million people die every year because of Hepatitis B and C.
2. EMINENT VOCALIST VASUNDHARA KOMKALI DIED:
i. Eminent musician Vasundhara Komkali died. She is the wife of musician late Pandit Kumar Gandhran.
3. INTERNATIONAL TIGER DAY OBSERVED ON 29TH JULY:
i. International Tiger Day is observed on 29th July .
ii. The day is observed to promote the protection and expansion of the wild Tiger habitats and to gain support through awareness for tiger Conservation.
4. DR. SUNITI SOLOMON, PIONEERING INDIAN HIV/AIDS RESEARCHER, PASSED AWAY
i. The first person in India who documented the nation’s first HIV/AIDS case in 1986. Dr. Suniti Soloman Passed Away.
5. KOTAK BANK LAUNCHES ‘KOTAK BHARAT’ APP:
i. Kotak Mahindra Bank launched a mobile banking app. Kotak bharat aiming to provide mobile banking services to customers in the remote region of India.
6. SANJIV CHATURVEDI, ANSHU GUPTA WON RAMON MAGSAYSAY AWARD 2015
i. Two Indian Sanjiv Chaturvedi and Anshu Gupta have been awarded prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award.