DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 JULY 2015
DAILY NEWS IN INDIA
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SWATI MALIWAL TOOK CHARGE AS CHAIRPERSON OF DELHI COMMISSION FOR WOMEN (DCW)
i. Swati Maliwal is appointed as new Chairperson of DCW .
ii. She is the wife of Aam Admi Party Leader Navin Jaihind.
2. ASHISH BAHUGUNA APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF FOOD SAFETY REGULATOR FSSAI.
i. Ashish Bahuguna appointed as chairman of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
3. INDIA SIGNED LOAN AGREEMENT OF $ 300 MILLION WITH ADB FOR NATIONAL URBAN HEALTH MISSION (NUHM)
i. Asian development Bank has signed an agreement of $ 300 million for NUHM
4. WOMEN’S RECURVE ARCHERY TEAM QUALIFIES FOR RIO OLYMPICS
i. The Indian women’s recurve archery team qualified for 2016 Rio Olympics by reaching the final of the World Archery championship at Copenhagen in Denmark.
ii. The women’s trio comprising Laxmi Rani, Rimil Buriuly and Deepika Kumari qualified for 2016 Summer Olympics.
5. SEBI CANCELS LICENSE OF SAHARA MUTUAL FUNDS
i. Securities exchange board of India cancels Registration of Sahara Mutual funds, as it was no longer fit and proper to carry out its business.
ii. Sahara India Company is involved in the high profile alleged investor fraud case involving estimated Rs 24000 crore of 3 crore investors.
iii. Subrata Roy : Chief of Sahara Group.
6. SURFACE TO AIR MISSILE TO BE TESTED IN ISRAEL:
i. The long range surface to air missile LR-SAM developed with the help of Israel is to be tested in Israel .
ii. The missile can reach targets upto 70 km is developed by DRDO and Israel Aero Space industry.
DRDO – Defense Research Development Organization Headquarter at New Delhi.