Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Daily news Daily News in India Free current Affairs Daily Current Affairs 24th Feb. 2016
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 24 FEB 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. EX CJI H.L DATTU SELECTED AS NEW CHAIRMAN OF NHRC
i. Union Government has selected former Chief Justice of India H L Dattu as the new Chairman of National Human Rights Commission.
ii. He will replace Mr. K.G. Balakrishnan.
iii. NHRC is a apex statutory watchdog of human rights in the country such as the rights related to life, liberty, equality and dignity of the individual guaranteed by the Constitution
2. NAVAL EXERCISE IBSAMAR 2016 BETWEEN INDIA, SOUTH AFRICA AND BRAZIL STARTED IN GOA
i. IBSAMAR 2016 trilateral naval exercise between Brazil, India and South Africa started in Goa.
ii. It is for the first time that exercise is hosted by India
iii. The naval exercise aims at increasing Interoperability among navies of three countries, Common understanding maritime security between them.
3. KN VYAS TOOK CHARGE AS DIRECTOR OF BHABHA ATOMIC RESEARCH CENTRE
i. Indian Scientist KN took charge as Director of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre.
ii. He has replaced Dr Sekhar Basu.
iii. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is India's nuclear research facility based in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
4. PARLIAMENT OF PAKISTAN BECAME FIRST IN WORLD TO RUN ENTIRELY ON SOLAR POWER
i. The Parliament of Pakistan became the world’s first Parliament to run fully on solar power.
ii. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurated the solar power system, which provides 62 MW to the parliament and a surplus 18 MW to the national grid.
iii. The venture was funded by China as an act of friendship with the solar power plant costing around $55 million.
iv. The Parliament of Pakistan is officially known as the Majlis-e-Shoora
5. MADHYA PRADESH’S KATNI TO HAVE INDIA’S LONGEST RAILWAY BRIDGE
i. Katni in Madhya Pradeshis goin to have India’s longest railway bridge of 14 km in length that will connect Edappally and Vallarpadam.
ii. This Project has got received clearance from Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs with an expected cost of 600 crore.
6. MALAYALAM FILM ‘OTTAL’ WINS AWARD AT BERLIN FILM FESTIVAL
i. The National award winning Malayalam film 'Ottal' has been named as the best children's film at the 66th Berlin International Film Festival.
ii. The film explains about the story of an old fisherman and his grandson directed by Jayaraj Rajasekharan Nair.
7. JUSTICE DINESH MAHESHWARI SWORNED IN AS CHIEF JUSTICE OF MEGHALAYA HC
i. Justice Dinesh Maheshwari of Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court sworned in as the Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
ii. He will replaces Justice Uma Nath Singh who retired in January 2016.
8. WORLD’S 1ST FAST-ACTING ANTI-RABIES DRUG TO BE LAUNCHED IN INDIA
i. World’s first fast-acting anti-rabies drug ‘Rabies Human Monoclonal Antibody’ will be launched in India.
ii. The drug has been developed by Pune based Serum Institute of India and US-based Mass Biologics of the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
iii. Rabies is a viral disease that causes acute inflammation of the brain symptoms can include fever and tingling at the site of exposure, uncontrolled excitement, fear of water, an inability to move parts of the body, confusion, and loss of consciousnes
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN