Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs fre Daily Current Affairs 8th Feb 2016 (Free GK Updates)
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 8 FEB 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNPA UNVEILED COMMEMORATIVE STAMPS TO PROMOTE LGBT EQUALITY
i. The United Nations Postal Administration released a set of six commemorative stamps to promote UN Free & Equal, a global United Nations campaign for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality.
ii. The campaign was launched and led by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
iii. The colourful stamps were designed by artist and UNPA art director Sergio Baradat.
iv. The campaign is dedicated to raising awareness of homophobic and transphobic violence and discrimination globally.
2. PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI INAUGURATED PARADIP OIL REFINERY IN ODISHA
i. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Paradip Oil Refinery in Odisha.
ii. Paradip refinery is one of the most modern refineries in the world which can process cheaper high sulphur heavy crude oils.
iv. The refinery will produce petrol and diesel of Bharat Stage IV
3. AUSTRALIA WON THREE-MATCH WOMEN ODI SERIES AGAINST INDIA
i. The Australian women cricket team won the three-match ODI series against Indian women team
4. ICC SUSPENDED PAKISTAN'S LEG-SPINNER YASIR SHAH FOR DOPING OFFENCE
i. International Cricket Council suspended Pakistan’s leg-spinner Yasir Shah for three months.
ii. He was suspended after he tested positive for a banned substance, chlortalidone.
iii. Chlortalidone is also used to treat high blood pressure and it is banned by WADA.
5. SAPNA DEVI WON GOLD IN WOMEN WUSHU TAULU COMPETITION
i. Sapna Devi clinched gold for India in the women Wushu Taulu Competition of the 12th South Asian Games held Laitkor in Shillong.
ii. Sapna devi bagged gold and the silver medal is won by Susmita Tamang of Nepal
iii. In the men's section, India’s Anjul Namdeo won a bronze medal and the gold went to Sri Lankan player P.L. H Lakshan
iv. Wushu is derived from traditional Chinese martial arts.
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN