Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs fre Daily Current Affairs 8th Feb 2016 (Free GK Updates)
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 8 FEB 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNPA UNVEILED COMMEMORATIVE STAMPS TO PROMOTE LGBT EQUALITY
i. The United Nations Postal Administration released a set of six commemorative stamps to promote UN Free & Equal, a global United Nations campaign for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality.
ii. The campaign was launched and led by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
iii. The colourful stamps were designed by artist and UNPA art director Sergio Baradat.
iv. The campaign is dedicated to raising awareness of homophobic and transphobic violence and discrimination globally.
2. PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI INAUGURATED PARADIP OIL REFINERY IN ODISHA
i. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the Paradip Oil Refinery in Odisha.
ii. Paradip refinery is one of the most modern refineries in the world which can process cheaper high sulphur heavy crude oils.
iv. The refinery will produce petrol and diesel of Bharat Stage IV
3. AUSTRALIA WON THREE-MATCH WOMEN ODI SERIES AGAINST INDIA
i. The Australian women cricket team won the three-match ODI series against Indian women team
4. ICC SUSPENDED PAKISTAN'S LEG-SPINNER YASIR SHAH FOR DOPING OFFENCE
i. International Cricket Council suspended Pakistan’s leg-spinner Yasir Shah for three months.
ii. He was suspended after he tested positive for a banned substance, chlortalidone.
iii. Chlortalidone is also used to treat high blood pressure and it is banned by WADA.
5. SAPNA DEVI WON GOLD IN WOMEN WUSHU TAULU COMPETITION
i. Sapna Devi clinched gold for India in the women Wushu Taulu Competition of the 12th South Asian Games held Laitkor in Shillong.
ii. Sapna devi bagged gold and the silver medal is won by Susmita Tamang of Nepal
iii. In the men's section, India’s Anjul Namdeo won a bronze medal and the gold went to Sri Lankan player P.L. H Lakshan
iv. Wushu is derived from traditional Chinese martial arts.
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN