Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Daily news Daily News in India Free current Affairs Daily Current Affairs 9th Feb. 2016 (Free GK Updates)
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 9 FEB 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA AND NEPAL COMBINED MILITARY EXERCISE SURYA KIRAN IX STARTED IN UTTARAKHAND
i. India and Nepal Combined Military Exercise Surya Kiran IX has been started in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
ii. During Surya Kiran IX exercise both armies will focus on upgradation of practical and tactical skills by sharing each other’s experiences.
iii. They will also focus on enhancing interoperability in Counter Terrorism and Jungle Warfare operations in mountain terrain.
2. VISHAL MEHTA APPOINTED AS PRESIDENT OF INTERNATIONAL GROWN DIAMOND ASSOCIATION
i. Vishal Mehta was appointed as the President of the International Grown Diamond Association.
ii. It is a newly formed platform of more than Ten leading grown diamond producers, distributors and retailers.
iii. It is founded by the US with an aim to serve as the central path of communication,development and growth of the industry.
3. JOSHNA CHINAPPA CLINCHED SQUASH INDIVIDUAL GOLD AT THE SOUTH ASIAN GAMES
i. Joshna Chinappa grabbed the gold medal in women's individual squash at the South Asian Games in Guwahati.
ii. He won the gold medal after defeating Maria Toorpaki Wazir of Pakistan.
4. 12TH SOUTH ASIAN GAMES INAUGURATED IN GUWAHATI
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated 12th South Asian Games at the Indira Gandhi Athletics Stadium in Guwahati, Assam.
ii. The South Asian Games demonstrate 3-Ts which means Team Work, Togetherness and Talent.
iii. 2500 athletes from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives will be part of the games.
iv. The official slogan of the Games is ‘Play for Peace, Progress and Prosperity’.
v. The official mascot of the event is Tikhor, a one-horned rhino.
5. FORMER NEPAL PRIME MINISTER SUSHIL KOIRALA DIED
i. Nepal’s former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala passed away in Kathmandu due to chronic respiratory problem.
ii. Sushil Koirala had played important role in adoption of Nepal's new constitution in September 2015
6. MAHINDRA AMC RECEIVED SEBI NOD FOR MUTUAL FUND BUSINESS
i. Mahindra Asset Management Company received Securities and Exchange Board of India’s approval for starting the Mahindra Mutual Fund.
ii. Mahindra AMC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services.
iii. Presently 40 mutual fund houses are operating in the country.
7. UNION GOVERNMENT TO SET UP NATIONAL ORGANIC FARMING RESEARCH INSTITUTE IN SIKKIM
i. The Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare is going to set up the National Organic Farming Research Institute in Sikkim.
ii. Union Government is also helping the State Government in sustaining the organic farming and also in marketing the State’s organic products.
iii. Recently Sikkim was officially declared as first fully organic state in India by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Union Agriculture Minister: Radhamohan Singh
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN