Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 SEP 2016
Saturday, September 24, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 SEP 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA, US, AFGHANISTAN REAFFIRMS SHARED INTEREST IN COMBATING TERRORISM
i. India, United States and Afghanistan have reaffirmed their shared interests in combating terrorism and advancing peace and security in the region.
ii. They have exchanged views on the situation in Afghanistan and on regional issues of mutual interest.
iii.They welcomed the discussions focused on economic, political and development goals in Afghanistan including the regional dimension.
2. NAVTEJ SARNA APPOINTED AMBASSADOR TO THE US
i. The Union Government has appointed Navtej Sarna as Ambassador to the United States.
ii. Navtej Sarna is an Indian Foreign Service officer of the 1980 batch.
iii. He also served as India’s ambassador to Israel from 2008 to 2012.
3. UNION GOVERNMENT APPOINTS THREE ECONOMISTS TO MONETARY POLICY COMMITTEE
i. The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has appointed three economists as the external appointees on the Monetary Policy Committee.
ii.They are Pami Dua, Chetan Ghate and Ravindra Dholakia.
iii. They will work to decide interest rates.
iv.Monetary Policy Committee under the RBI will decide monetary policy by setting interest rates.
v. It aims to bring significant changes in the power the RBI governor while deciding interest rates.
4. ECONOMIC FREEDOM OF THE WORLD 2016 REPORT RELEASED
i.India's Centre for Civil Society in collaboration with Canada's Fraser Institute released the Economic Freedom of the World 2016 Annual Report.
ii.The report is based on data from 2014 and measures the World Economic Freedom Index by analysing the policies and institutions of 159 countries and territories.
iii.Hong Kong topped the index followed by Singapore and New Zealand at second and third position.
5. ADB APPROVES 631 MILLION US DOLLARS LOAN FOR VISAKHAPATNAM-CHENNAI INDUSTRIAL CORRIDOR
i. The Asian Development Bank approved 631 million US dollars loan for construction of industrial corridor between Visakhapatnam and Chennai.
ii. It is India's first coastal industrial corridor running from West Bengal to Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu.
iii.The fund will help develop the first key 800-km section of the planned 2500-km East Coast Economic Corridor
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. NAME THE PRESIDENT OF UNITED NATIONS OF ORGANIZATION?
a. Vuk Jeremie
b. Jhon William Ashe
c. Mogens Lykketoft
d. Sam Kutesa
2. WHO HAS REPLACED “ARUN KUMAR SINGH” AS AN AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED STATES?
a. Navtej Sarna
b. Navjot Sarna
c. Navjot Singh
d. Navtej Sharma
3. MONETARY POLICY COMMITTEE HAS REPLACED WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEES?
a. Monetary Advisory Committee
b. Technical Advisory Committee
c. Rate Settlement Committee
d. None of these
4. HOW MANY MEMBERS HAVE BEEN APPOINTED BY THE APPOINTMENTS COMMITTEE OF CABINET ON THE MONETARY POLICY COMMITTEE?
5. WHERE ARE THE HEADQUARTERS OF ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK LOCATED?
b. Beijing, China
c. Manila, Philippines
d. None of these
6. WHAT AMOUNT OF LOAN HAS BEEN APPROVED BY ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK FOR VISHAKHAPATNAM-CHENNAI INDUSTRIAL CORRIDOR?
a. 631million US $
b. 630 million US $
c. 632 million US $
d. 650million US $
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. C 6. A
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN