Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Quant Quiz Reasoning Quiz Quant Quiz-7 For LIC AAO And SBI Examination 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
QUANT QUIZ-7 FOR LIC –AAO EXAM
BOATS AND STREAM
1. A boat goes from point A to B 40 km downstream and return back in 12 hr. what is the speed of stream if speed of boat in still water is 12 km/hr.
d. 7 ½
2. The difference between downstream speed and upstream speed is 3 km/hr and the total time taken during upstream and downstream is 3 hrs. What is the downstream speed, if the downstream and upstream distance are 3 km each:
a. 2.5 km/hr
b. 4.33 km/hr
c. 4 km/hr
d. 3.3 km/hr
3. The speed of a boat in upstream is 2/3 that of downstream. Find the ratio of speed of boat in still water and to the average speed of boat in downstream and upstream:
d. none of these
4. A boat takes 5 hrs more while going back in upstream than in downstream. If the distance between two places is 24 km and the speed of boat in still water is 5.5 km/hr. What must be the speed of boat in still water so that it can row downstream24 km, in 4 hrs:
a. 1.5 km/hr
b. 3.5 km/hr
c. 4.5 km/hr
d. 3 km/hr
Directions (5- 6): A motor boat went downstream for 120 km and immediately returned. It took the boat 15 hrs to complete the round trip. If the speed of the river were twice as high, the trip downstream and back would take 24 hrs:
5. What is the speed of the boat in still water:
a. 20 km/hr
b. 18 km/hr
c. 15 km/hr
d. 16 km/hr
6. What is the speed of the stream:
a. 3.5 km/hr
b. 4 km/hr
c. 6 km/hr
d. 8 km/hr
7. A boat covers 48 km upstream and 72 km downstream in 12 hrs, while it covers 72 km upstream and 48 km downstream in 13 hrs. The speed of steam is:
a. 2 km/hr
b. 2.2 km/hr
c. 2.5 km/hr
d. 4 km/hr
8. The speed of a boat in still water is 20 km/hr and the rate of current is 4 km/hr .The distance travelled by the boat downstream in 30 minute is:
9. A man can swim 5 km/hr in still water. If the speed of current be 3 km/hr, the time taken by him to swim to a palace 16 km upstream and back is:
a. 8 hr
b. 7.5 hr
c. 6.66 hr
d. 10 hr
10. A man can row 5 km/hr in still water. If the rate of current is 1 km/hr, it takes
hrs to row to a place and back. How far is the
a. 2 km
b. 2.5 km
c. 3 km
d. 4 km
1.C, 2.B, 3.A, 4.B, 5.B, 6.C, 7.A, 8.C, 9.D, 10.C
For Full Explanation Of Each Question CLICK HERE
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
To Access File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 5 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD’S LARGEST BIRD FESTIVAL IN AGRA i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 4 TH DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. DELHI AIRPORT WORLD'S 22ND MOST CONNECT...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...