Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11 MAY 2016
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 11 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SHASHANK MANOHAR STEPS DOWN AS BCCI PRESIDENT
i. Shashank Manohar has resigned as President of Board of Control for Cricket in India .
ii. He also has resigned as the representative of BCCI on the International Cricket Council
iii. He was appointed as president after the sudden demise of Jagmohan Dalmiya.
iv. Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India and is considered as world’s richest cricket board.
2. 10TH MAY 2016 IS OBSERVED AS WORLD MIGRATORY BIRD DAY
i. World Migratory Bird Day is being observed across the world on 10th May.
ii. The day is observed to raise awareness and highlight the need for the protection of migratory birds and their habitats.
iii. The Theme of the day is “Stop the Illegal Killing, Taking and Trade of Migratory Birds”.
3. INDIA VS PAKISTAN: WHY CAN’T WE JUST BE FRIENDS BOOK RELEASED BY HUSAIN HAQQANI
i. A book titled India vs Pakistan: Why Can’t we just be Friends authored by former Pakistani Ambassador to the U.S. Husain Haqqani released.
ii. The book on India-Pakistan relations stirred a controversy because it exposed Pakistan's role in the 26/11 terror attacks.
4. RBI CANCELLED CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION OF FOUR NBFCS
i. The Reserve Bank of India cancelled the certificate of registration of the four Non-Banking Financial Companies.
ii. RBI cancelled their certificates by using powers given under Section 45-IA (6) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
iii. The NBFCs whose certificates of registration were cancelled are given following:
a. M/s Neelanjali Engineering Private Limited
b. M/s Novoflex Tradecom Private Limited
c. M/s Guide Investments and Trading Co. Pvt. Ltd
d. M/s Enol Ventures Private Limited
5. INDIAN ARMY CONDUCTS ‘CHAKRAVYUH-II’ TRAINING EXERCISE IN RAJASTHAN
i.Indian Army had conducted major military training exercise ‘2016 Chakravyuh-II’ in Suratgarh, Rajasthan.
ii. The Chakravyuh-II exercise involved rapid mobilisation and execution of battle plans in conjunction with the Indian Air Force.
iii. The exercise is conducted to surveillance, intelligence, reconnaissance and communication systems test in a network-centric battlefield environment.
6. SENIOR ADVOCATE ATMA RAM NADKARNI APPOINTED ADDITIONAL SOLICITOR GENERAL
i. Senior advocate of Bombay High Court Atma Ram Nadkarni was appointed as Additional Solicitor General.
ii. The Appointment is made as Additional Solicitor General in Supreme Court for a period of three years.
iii. Additional Solicitor General of India is a law officer of India and is the third ranking lawyer of the Government of India.
iv. The main work of additional solicitor general is to advice to the Government of India upon legal matters, and to perform h other duties of a legal character.
7. MICHEL PLATINI RESIGNS AS UEFA PRESIDENT AFTER BAN APPEAL FAILS.
i. Michel Platini resigned as Union of European Football Association’s president after Court of Arbitration of Sports upheld the ban imposed by FIFA.
ii. The CAS rejected the appeal about the legitimacy of the payment ordered by ex-FIFA president Sepp Blatter.
iii. FIFA’s Independent Ethics Committee banned Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini from football for 8 years due to corruption practices in FIFA.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE PRESENT PRESIDENT OF INTERNATIONAL CRICKET COUNCIL?
d.None of these
2. WHO HAS RESIGNED AS THE REPRESENTATIVE OF BCCI AND ICC?
3. WHEN IS “WORLD BIRD MIGRATION” DAY IS OBSERVED?
4. WHO IS THE GOVERNER OF RBI?
b. URjit patel
5. WHO IS THE PRESENT SOLICATOR OF INDIA?
a. Ranjit Kumar
c.Atma Ram Nandkarni
d.None of these
6. WHERE IS THE HEADQUARTER OF UEFA?
7. WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF “INDIA VS PAKISTAN: WHY CAN’T BE FRIENDS” ?
1.c 2.b 3.d 4.a 5.a 6.c 7.a
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN