Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13 MAY 2016
Friday, May 13, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 13 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SANIA & MARTINA LEAD WOMEN'S DOUBLES RANKINGS
i. Tennis players Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis continue to lead the latest Women's Doubles rankings.
ii. Sania and martina Hingis ranked no.1 in mixed doubles .
iii. American Serena Williams continued to top the Singles rankings,
iv. In Men's Singles rankingsNovak Djokovic toppe the list.
2. SHASHANK MANOHAR ELECTED UNOPPOSED AS ICC’S FIRST INDEPENDENT CHAIRMAN
i. cricket administrator Shashank Manohar was elected unopposed as international Cricket Council first independent Chairman.
ii. He was the sole nominee for the position and the ICC Board unanimouslyelected him.
iii. International Cricket Council is the international governing body of cricket
iv. ICC Headquartered at Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
3. PRESIDENT PRANAB MUKHERJEE APPROVES NAMES OF FOUR NEW JUDGES OF SUPREME COURT
i. President Pranab Mukherjee has approved names of four new judges for Supreme Court by signing their warrants of appointment as per Article 124 of Constitution.
ii. These include 3 chief justices of high court and one senior advocate.
iii. The recommended names are:
a) Justice A M Khanwilkar Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court.
b) Justice D Y Chandrachud Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court.
c) Justice Ashok Bhushan Chief Justice of Kerala High Court.
d) L Nageswara Rao senior advocate and former Additional Solicitor General.
4. UDAY KOTAK, ONLY INDIAN IN FORBES MOST POWERFUL PEOPLE IN THE FINANCIAL WORLD LIST
i. Forbes magazine released the list of Money Masters: the Most Powerful People in the Financial World.
ii. The list comprises of 40 most powerful peoples in the financial world which include only Indian in the list is Uday Kotak, the CEO of the Kotak Mahindra Bank.
iii. He is ranked 33rd in the list.
iv. The list has been topped by Stephen Schwarzman of Blackstone Group followed by David Tepper of Appaloosa Management and Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan Chase & Co.
5. HOCKEY INDIA RECOMMENDED RITU RANI AND VR RAGHUNATH FOR ARJUNA AWARD
i. Hockey India recommended Indian women’s team captain Ritu Rani and senior men’s team drag-flicker VR Raghunath along with Dharamvir Singh for Arjuna Award.
ii. It also recommended Sylvanus Dung Dung for Major Dhyan Chand Lifetime Achievement Award and veteran coach CR Kumar for Dronacharya Award.
iii. The Arjuna Awards are given by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, government of India to recognize outstanding achievement in National sports.
6. H R NAGENDRA COMMITTEE ON YOGA EDUCATION IN UNIVERSITIES SUBMITTED ITS RECOMMENDATIONS
i. The Union Government announced that the H.R. Nagendra Committee on Yoga Education in Universities has recommended seven programmes for implementation in universities.
ii. The Union Government had constituted a committee on yoga education in universities.
iii. The committee was headed by Professor H.R. Nagendra, Chancellor, Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana, Samsthana, Bengaluru.
Seven programmes recommended by the committee for implementation in universities are:
a. Certificate Course in Yoga of 6 to 12 months duration
b. Bachelors of Science -BSc.(Yoga) of 3 to 6 years
c. Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga of 1 to 2 years
d. Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy of 1 to 2 years
e. Masters of Science - Yoga of 2 years to 4 years
f. Doctor of Philosophy-Yoga of 3 to 5 years
g. Doctor of Philosophy- Yoga of 4 to 6 years
6. NEHRU’S 5-YEAR PLANS TO MAKE WAY FOR 15-YEAR ‘VISION’
i. The Centre has decided to discontinue five-year plans after the current which ends in March2017.
ii. It will be replaced with a longer vision of 15 years that will factor in social goals and sustainable development goals.
iii. The government is planning to put in place a seven-year strategy as part of a ‘National Development Agenda’ to convert the long-term vision into a policy statement that can be implemented.
iv. The NDA will focus on social and economic sectors as well as on defence and internal security.
7. CHINA AND PAKISTAN JOIN HANDS TO BLOCK INDIA’S ENTRY INTO NUCLEAR SUPPLIERS GROUP
i. China and Pakistan are closely coordinating moves to block India’s entry into the Nuclear Suppliers Group.
ii. China is stating that it would either support NSG entry for both India and Pakistan, or none of them.
iii. Nuclear Suppliers Group is a multinational body concerned with reducing nuclear proliferation.
iv. It controls the export and re-transfer of materials that may be applicable to nuclear weapon development and by improving safeguards and protection on existing materials.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. MARTINA HINGIS BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
d. South Africa
2. ICC HEADQUATER IS LOCATED AT?
c. New York
3. WHO IS THE CHIEF JUSTICE OF INDIA?
b. RM Lodha
c. HL Dattu
d. TS Thakur
4. HOW MANY NAMES OF NEW JUDGES HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENT OF INDIA?
5. WHO IS THE ONLY INDIAN IN FORBES MOST POWERFUL PEOPLE IN FINANCIAL WORLD LIST?
a. Chandana Kochar
b. Uday Kotak
c. Anil Ambani
d. None of these
6. ‘RITU RANI’ BELONGS TO WHICH GAME?
7. HR NAGENDRA COMMITTEE HAS BEEN CONSTITUTED FOR?
a. YOGA education
c. Financial Inclusion
d. None of these
8. NEHRU’S 5 YEAR PLANS MAKE A WAY FOR_________
a. 10 –year ‘vision’
b. 20-year ‘vision’
c. 15-year ‘vision
d. 12-year ‘vision’
1. B 2. D 3. D 4. A 5. B 6. C 7. A 8. C
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25 NOVEMBER 1. Who will be the Chief Guest at the 14th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas? a) Antonio Costa b) Mich...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –26 NOVEMBER 1. India in recent past signed an agreement with which international agency to accept digital...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 RD NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. PORTUGUESE PRIME MINISTER TO BE THE CHIEF ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN