Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 MAY 2016
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 16 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. INDIA INKS PROJECT COLLABORATION AGREEMENT WITH WHO TO PROMOTE TRADITIONAL MEDICINE
i. India has signed Project Collaboration Agreement with World Health Organization for cooperation on promoting the quality, safety and effectiveness of service provision in traditional and complementary medicine.
ii. The collaboration aims at supporting WHO in the development and implementation of the ‘WHO Traditional and Complementary Medicine Strategy.
iii.The agreement will l contribute to the global promotion of traditional Indian Systems of Medicine.
2. PM NARENDRA MODI AND SRI LANKAN PRESIDENT RELEASE SIMHASTHA DECLARATION
i. PM Narendra Modi and Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena have released ‘Simhastha Declaration’ at Ninora village in Ujjain.
ii. The agreement was signed on the three day International Vichar Mahakumbh held on side-lines of the month-long Simhastha mela.
iii. PM Narendra Modi appealed saints to conduct Vichar Kumbh every year with devotees and discuss social issues like the need to educate the girl child or plant trees.
3.2016 RED FLAG AERIAL COMBAT EXERCISES HELD IN US
i. The multilateral Red Flag Aerial combat exercises between US, NATO and allied forces and India Air Force held in US.
ii.It was the second time India had participated in such an exercise after 2008.
iii.The exercises provide an opportunity to the pilots from the US, NATO and other allied countries to practice and refine their skills for real combat situations.
4. UNION CABINET APPROVES COUNTRY’S FIRST NATIONAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS POLICY
i. The Union Government has approved National Intellectual Property Rights Policy, 2016.
ii.The policy is approved to promote the IP regime and to encourage innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship in India.
iii. It is the first kind of policy in the country seeks to strengthen legislative and legal framework of IPRs.
iv. The National IPR Policy will endeavour for a “Creative India; Innovative India: रचनात्मक भारत; अभिनव भारत”.
iv.The Policy aims to create public awareness about the social, economic and cultural benefits of IPRs among all sections of society.
5. PARKASH SINGH PANEL SUBMITS REPORT ON JAT QUOTA AGITATION
i. Parkash Singh committee constituted to inquire into the omission of police and civil administration during Jat Quota agitation .
ii. The government would examine the report and would take appropriate action accordingly.
iii. Some important Findings of the committee
a. There is a mention of about 90 officers who have been found guilty.
b. Officers who were derelict in performing the duty or showed soft corner for the agitators have been identified and their names have been mentioned in the report.
c. The report carried the names of officers who acted responsibly during the Jat quota agitation.
6. FIFA APPOINTS JUSTICE MUKUL MUDGAL AS DEPUTY CHAIRMAN OF ITS GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE
I. FIFA appointed Justice Mukul Mudgal as deputy chairman of its Governance Committee.
II.Portuguese Luis Miguel Maduro was appointed as the Chairman of the Governance Committee.
iii.FIFA’s Independent Review Committee has been set up to protect the organisation against any conflict of interest in the approval of any appointments to the key committees and bodies.
7. ANDY MURRAY BEATS NOVAK DJOKOVIC TO WIN FIRST ITALIAN OPEN TITLE
i.Andy Murray won his first Italian Open Men's Singles Tennis title in the final played in Rome.
ii.It is Murray's first title in Rome .
8. SANIA MIRZA AND MARTINA HINGIS CLINCH 2016 ITALIAN OPEN TITLE
i.World No. 1 women's doubles team of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis grabbed the Italian Open title.
ii.The pair defeated Elena Vesnina and Ekaterina Makarova 6 to clinch the title.
iii. Sania Mirza is currently ranked No. 1 in the women's doubles rankings.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS INDIA’S UNION HEALTH MINISTER?
b.Radha mohan singh
2. NAME THE PRESIDENT OF SRI LANKA WHO VISITED INDIA RECENTLY?
d. Shinzo abe
3. NAME THE COUNTRY WHICH HOSTED 2016 RED FLAG AERIAL COMBAT EXERCISES?
4. WHAT IS INDIA’S RANK IN WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INDEX?
5. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF FIFA?
6. WHO IS WORLD’S NO.1 PLAYER IN MEN LAWN TENNIS SINGLES?
d. Roder Federer
1.a 2.b 3.a 4.a 5.c 6.b
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN