Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 AUG 2016
Friday, August 26, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 AUG 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BRICS COUNTRIES ADOPT UDAIPUR DECLARATION ON DISASTER
i. The meeting of Ministers of Disaster Management of BRICS countries concluded in Udaipur, Rajasthan with the adoption of the Udaipur Declaration.
ii. Udaipur Declaration BRICS nations to set up a dedicated Joint Task Force for Disaster Risk Management for regular dialogue, exchange and mutual support.
iii. The meeting was a new milestone in collaboration and cooperation among BRICS countries in the field of disaster management.
iv. The main Objective is to Share experiences on flood-risk management, current systems in each country for forecasting extreme weather events.
2. 2016 RIO OLYMPICS COMES TO AN END
i. The 31st Summer Olympics hosted by Brazilian City, Rio de Janeiro ended.
ii. In olympics games nearly 11,000 participants from 205 countries participated.
iii. Maximum medals have been won by United States with maximum gold medals.
iv.USA finished with 46 Gold, 37 Silver and 38 Bronze followed by Great Britain finished on second spot with 27 Gold, 23 Silver and 17 bronze.
iv. India finished at joint 67th position in the medals tally with two medals.
3. ABHINAV BINDRA TO HEAD NRAI REVIEW COMMITTEE ON RIO DEBACLE
i. National Rifle Association of India constituted a five-member review committee to probe the shooters' Rio Games debacle.
ii. The committee will be headed by India's first and only individual Olympic gold-medallist Abhinav Bindra.
iii. The committee will examine and identify the causes behind shooting not securing any medals at the Rio Olympics.
4. CRISTIANO RONALDO WINS UEFA BEST PLAYER IN EUROPE AWARD
i. Cristiano Ronaldo won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for 2015-16.
ii. He won the award for the second time in three years.
iii. Ronaldo scored 35 goals for Real Madrid in La Liga and 16 goals in Champions League competition in 2015.
iv. He scored three goals for Portugal at Euro 2016.
v. Messi won the UEFA Goal of the Season award for 2015-16.
5. FORBES RELEASES LIST OF THE WORLD'S HIGHEST-PAID ACTRESSES 2016
i. Forbes released the list of The World's Highest-Paid Actresses 2016.
ii. Jennifer Lawrence topped the Forbes magazine list for the second year with earnings of 46 million US dollars.
iii. Indian actress Deepika Padukone is the only newcomer to the World’s Highest-Paid Actresses list and the only Indian star to make the cut.
6. TOXIC GAS LEAK AT BANGLADESH FERTILISER UNIT SICKENS 250; PLUGGED
i. Nearly 250 people, including children, have fallen sick and hundreds of residents have been evacuated from their homes after a toxic gas leak from a fertiliser unit in Bangladesh.
ii. Di-ammonium phosphate leaked from the DAP Fertiliser Company Limited on the bank of Karnaphuli river last night.
7. NORTH KOREA TEST FIRES NEW BALLISTIC MISSILE
i. North Korea today test fired a new ballistic missile.
ii. It was launched from a submarine in the Sea of Japan, off North Korea's eastern coast.
iii. The test comes one day after the United States and South Korea launched joint military exercises on the peninsula.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. 31ST SUMMER OLYMPICS HOSTED BY WHICH COUNTRY?
2. NAME THE CHAIRMAN OF NEWLY CONSTITUTES NRAI REVIEW COMMITTEE ON RIO DEBACLE?
A. Avinav Bindra
B. Jitu Rai
C. Sakshi Malik
D. PV Sindhu
3. THE FAMOUS FOOTBALL PLAYER “CRISTIANO ROBALDO” BELONGS TO WHICH NATION?
4. WHO IS THE WORLD’S HIGHEST PAID ACTRESS 2016 ACCORDING TO FORBES RELEASES?
A. Jennifer Lawrence
B. Jinnefer Lopez
D. Deepika Padukone
5. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTION OPENED BY BRICS COUNTRIES?
A. Asian Development Bank
B. New Development Bank
C. International Fund Bank
D. International Monetary Bank
1) B 2) A 3) D 4) A 5) B
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN