Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs DAILY GK UPDATE Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 MAY 2016
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. BEIJING GOING TO HOLD FIRST WORLD CONFERENCE ON TOURISM FOR DEVELOPMENT
i. Beijing is going to hold the First World Conference on Tourism for Development na from 18th to 21st of May, 2016.
ii. The conference aims to advance the contribution of tourism to the UN Sustainable Development Goals under the theme 'Tourism for Peace and Development'.
iii. It will create a better understanding on tourism’s contribution to development, including poverty alleviation and peace.
2. FIFA APPOINTS FATMA SAMOURA AS FIRST FEMALE SECRETARY GENERAL
i. FIFA has appointed Fatma Samoura a UN diplomat as its first ever female secretary-general.
ii. Fatma Samoura will be responsible for the day-to-day running of football's world governing body.
iii. Her appointment was announced at FIFA's congress in Mexico City by president Gianni Infantino,
3. INDIA'S FIRST SOLAR POWERED TRAIN SET FOR TRIAL IN JODHPUR
i. The Indian Railways is going to conduct trial of its first solar panel-powered train in Rajasthan's Jodhpur city.
ii. The Solar panels have been installed on top of the coaches in the train.
iii.The solar energy will be used for the functioning of lights and fans inside the coaches in the train.
4. ASHOK CHAWLA APPOINTED AS NEW NSE CHAIRMAN
i. Securities and Exchange Board of India has approved the appointment of Ashok Chawla as new chairman of National Stock Exchange.
ii. He will replace Mr. S B Mathur, who has completed his tenure.
5. ANIL KUMBLE RE-APPOINTED ICC CRICKET COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN
i. Former India captain Anil Kumble has been re-appointed ICC Cricket Committee chairman.
ii.He is appointed for the second term of 3 years.
ii. Earlier he served as the chairman in 2012.
6. RWANDA CAPTAIN BATS FOR 51 HOURS STRAIGHT AND CREATED A NEW GUINNESS RECORD
i. Rwandan national captain Eric Dusingizimana has set a new Guinness world record by batting out for straight 51 hours, the longest individual net session.
ii.He has broken the record set by India's Virag Mane, who had batted a straight 50 hours.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS FIRST FEMALE SECRETARY GENERAL IN FIFA?
2. WHICH COUNTRY’S BATSMAN CREATED A NEW GUINNESS RECORD BY BATTING FOR 51 HOURS STRAIGHT?
3. WHERE IS THE HEADQUARTERS OF SEBI?
4. WHO HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS NEW CHAIRMAN OF NSE?
5. WHERE IS THE HEADQUARTER’S OF ICC?
1.a 2.b 3.a 4.c 5.a
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 30 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. AKODARA IN GUJARAT BECOMES INDIA’S FIRST DI...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN