DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 17 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. WOMEN ARCHERS DEEPIKA, BOMBAYLA AND LAXMIRANI NAMED FOR 2016 RIO OLYMPICS
i. Indian women's archery team including Deepika Kumari, Bombayla Devi and Laxmirani Majhi was named for the Rio Olympics.
ii. The women's trio will compete in the individual events as well as team event at the Rio Games in August 2016.
iii. All of them qualified for 2016 olympics after their performance at the World Championships in Copenhagen in 2015.
2. RENEWABLE ENERGY COUNTRY ATTRACTIVENESS INDEX 2016 RELEASED
i. The Renewable energy country attractiveness index 2016 has been released revealing 40 countries on the attractiveness of their renewable energy investment.
ii. The index was topped by the United States and was followed by China at 2nd position and India at 3rd position.
iii. The Renewable energy country attractiveness index iranks 40 markets on the attractiveness of their renewable energy investment and deployment opportunities.
3. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES EPACE, INFRACON AND UP-SCALED INAM PRO FOR ROAD TRANSPORT SECTOR
i. Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari launched three initiatives for best practices in road transport sector.
ii. These three innovative IT initiatives are
It stands for Projects Appraisal & Continuing Enhancements
It is an online integrated Management Information System.
It brings projects from all wings of the Ministry under a common platform, ensuring their effective and real time tracking.
It is the National Portal for Infrastructure Consultancy Firms and Key Personnel.
It acts as a kind of bridge between consultancy firms working in the road engineering and construction sector and domain experts and key personnel
It has been developed as a web-based application (www.inampro.nic.in) for Infrastructure and Material Providers.
It is a kind of a web based market place that brings together the material providers and the prospective buyers on a common platform.
5. INCOME DECLARATION SCHEME FOR DOMESTIC BLACK MONEY TO START FROM JUNE 1
i. Income Declaration Scheme of the Union Finance Ministry will start from 1 June 2016 and will remain in force till 30 September 2016.
ii. The scheme is also called four month window for declaring black money.
iii. Under the Scheme declared income would be taxed at the rate of 30 percent plus 'Krishi Kalyan' cess of 25 percent on taxes payable and a penalty at the rate of 25 per cent of the taxes payable.
iv. Apporoximately total of 45% of the income declared under the scheme will be taxed.
6. SOUTH KOREAN AUTHOR HAN KANG WON 2016 MAN BOOKER INTERNATIONAL PRIZE FOR 'THE VEGETARIAN'
i. South Korean author, Han Kang won the 2016 Man Booker International Prize for her novel 'The Vegetarian'.
ii. The novel 'The Vegetarian' is a story of a wife who decides to become a vegetarian.
iii. The Man Booker Prize was established in 1969 as a leading literary award in the English speaking world.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. THE FAMOUS OLYMPIC PLAYER ‘DEEPIKA KUMARI’ BELONGS TO WHICH GAME?
2. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING INDEX INDIA RANKS 3RD POSITION?
a. Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness 2016
b. World Population Index 2016
c. World Pollution Index 2016
d. None of these
3. UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES HOW MANY PROGRAMS FOR ROAD AND TRANSPORT SECTOR?
4. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM HAVE BEEN LAUNCHED BY UNION GOVERNMENT FOR ROAD & TRANSPORT SECTOR?
a. ePACE, INFRACON, INAMPRO
b. eROAD, INFRA, INAMPRO
c. eBUS, INFRACON, eROAD
d. none of these
5. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SCHEME WILL WORK FOR ‘DOMESTIC BLACK MONEY’?
a. Income Tax Scheme
b. Domestic Tax Scheme
c. Income Declaration Scheme
d. Black Money Scheme
6. WHO WON THE ‘2016 MAN BOOKER INTERNATIONAL PRIZE’?
a. Hun Kung
b. Han Kang
c. Xi Jang
d. None of these
7. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING BOOK HAS BEEN WRITTEN BY THE FAMOUS AUTHOR ‘HAN KANG’?
a. The Non-Vegetarian
b. The Vegetarian
c. The Eatable
d. None Of These
1) C 2) A 3) D 4) A 5) C 6) B 7) B