Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 MAY 2016
Thursday, May 19, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION GOVERNMENT APPROVES PROPOSAL TO SET UP KALINGANAGAR NATIONAL INVESTMENT MANUFACTURING ZONE
i. union government has approved the proposal of Odisha Government's to set up Kalinganagar National Investment and Manufacturing Zone in Jajpur district.
ii. The Zone will be a mega industrial zone.
iii.It will have world-class township to manage the needs of the investors.
iv. Investment and Manufacturing Zone of India and is expected to invite 1 lakh Cr. rupees investment
iv.It will also generate 1 lakh 50 thousand direct jobs.
2. INDIA AND BANGLADESH POWER TIES WITH 21ST-CENTURY NUCLEAR DEAL
i. India and Bangladesh has conducted a nuclear agreement with each other to engage the bilateral neighborhood relationship.
ii. The nuclear agreement has been signed between the Ministry of External Affairs and the Bangladesh department of science and technology.
iii. The Indian nuclear deal will provide and train Bangladesh to import their first nuclear power plant from Russia.
3. UR RAO BECOMES FIRST INDIAN TO BE AWARDED IAF’S ‘HALL OF FAME’ AWARD
i. Space scientist Prof Udupi Ramachandra Rao became the first Indian to receive ‘Hall of Fame’ Award by the International Astronautical Federation.
ii. The award is given for his outstanding contribution to the progress of astronautics within the framework of the IAF activities.
iii. He will receive the award at the 67th International Astronautical Congress to be held in Guadalajara, Mexico in September 2016.
4. INDIAN CLINCH SILVER AT ASIAN SQUASH CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Indian women's squash team have won the Silver medal in the Asian Team squash Championships.
ii. The final was won by Malaysia.
iii.Last year India won bronze-medal in the asian squash championship.
5. SUDHA BREAKS 3,000M STEEPLECHASE NATIONAL RECORD
i. Sprinter Sudha Singh set a new national record in the 3,000-meter steeplechase category.
ii.He broke the record by clocking 9 minutes and 26.55 seconds in the IAAF Diamond League race in Shanghai.
ii. The 2010 Asian Games gold medallist broke the 9 minutes and 27.09 seconds national record timing set by long-distance runner Lalita Babar.
6. HDFC BANK LAUNCHES SMARTUP FOR START-UPS
i. HDFC Bank Ltd. launched SmartUp solution.
ii. It is a first of its-kind dedicated platform for start-ups to fulfill all their banking needs.
iii.The SmartUp is tailored to meet all the requirements of a start-up, advisory and forex services and offering banking and payment solutions
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “KALINGANAGAR NATIONAL INVESTMENT MANUFACTURING ZONE” IS LOCATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE OF INDIA?
c. West Bengal
2. INDIA HAS SIGNED ‘ 21ST CENTURY NUCLEAR DEAL’ WITH _________?
3. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF BANGLADESH?
a. Hamid Khan
b. Shekh Hassina
c. Abdul Sekh
d. Abdul Hamid
4. WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF IAF?
a. International Astronautical Federation
b. International Administration Federation
c. International Associates Federation
d. None of these
5. WHO AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING HAS BECOME FIRST INDIAN TO BE AWARDED IAF’S “HALL OF FAME” AWARD?
a. UN Singh
b. UK Sinha
c. UR Rao
d. UR Singh
6. WHO AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING BROKE THE STEEPLECHASE NATIONAL RECORD?
a. Sudha Kumari
b. sudha Singh
c. Sudha Kakkar
d. Sudha Roy
7. WHO IS THE CEO OF HDFC BANK?
a. Aditya Roy
b. Adtiya Singh
c. Aditya Ambani
d. Aditya Puri
8. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING BANK LAUNCHES “ SMART UP FOR START-UP”?
d. Axis Bank
1. b 2.c 3. d 4. a 5. c 6. b 7. d 8. b
Monthly GK Capsules of Nov. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AAA-...
To Access the File CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 29 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIAN TEAM WINS SILVER IN WORLD ROBOT OLYM...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 26 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. MUMBAI RANKED AMONG WORLD’S TOP TRENDING TO...
Last 6-Months Objective current Affairs. Very useful for all candidates who are preparing for Government or Bank Jobs in India. To Acces...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 2 ND DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. WORLD AIDS DAY OBSERVED ON 1ST DECEMBER i....
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 28 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA HOST THE GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS ...
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 1 ST DEC 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. GOA TO BECOME INDIA’S FIRST CASHLESS STATE ...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 25 TH NOV 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BANK DEPOSITS WITH RBI HIT RECORD HIGH AFTE...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN