Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 MAY 2016
Thursday, May 19, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. UNION GOVERNMENT APPROVES PROPOSAL TO SET UP KALINGANAGAR NATIONAL INVESTMENT MANUFACTURING ZONE
i. union government has approved the proposal of Odisha Government's to set up Kalinganagar National Investment and Manufacturing Zone in Jajpur district.
ii. The Zone will be a mega industrial zone.
iii.It will have world-class township to manage the needs of the investors.
iv. Investment and Manufacturing Zone of India and is expected to invite 1 lakh Cr. rupees investment
iv.It will also generate 1 lakh 50 thousand direct jobs.
2. INDIA AND BANGLADESH POWER TIES WITH 21ST-CENTURY NUCLEAR DEAL
i. India and Bangladesh has conducted a nuclear agreement with each other to engage the bilateral neighborhood relationship.
ii. The nuclear agreement has been signed between the Ministry of External Affairs and the Bangladesh department of science and technology.
iii. The Indian nuclear deal will provide and train Bangladesh to import their first nuclear power plant from Russia.
3. UR RAO BECOMES FIRST INDIAN TO BE AWARDED IAF’S ‘HALL OF FAME’ AWARD
i. Space scientist Prof Udupi Ramachandra Rao became the first Indian to receive ‘Hall of Fame’ Award by the International Astronautical Federation.
ii. The award is given for his outstanding contribution to the progress of astronautics within the framework of the IAF activities.
iii. He will receive the award at the 67th International Astronautical Congress to be held in Guadalajara, Mexico in September 2016.
4. INDIAN CLINCH SILVER AT ASIAN SQUASH CHAMPIONSHIP
i. Indian women's squash team have won the Silver medal in the Asian Team squash Championships.
ii. The final was won by Malaysia.
iii.Last year India won bronze-medal in the asian squash championship.
5. SUDHA BREAKS 3,000M STEEPLECHASE NATIONAL RECORD
i. Sprinter Sudha Singh set a new national record in the 3,000-meter steeplechase category.
ii.He broke the record by clocking 9 minutes and 26.55 seconds in the IAAF Diamond League race in Shanghai.
ii. The 2010 Asian Games gold medallist broke the 9 minutes and 27.09 seconds national record timing set by long-distance runner Lalita Babar.
6. HDFC BANK LAUNCHES SMARTUP FOR START-UPS
i. HDFC Bank Ltd. launched SmartUp solution.
ii. It is a first of its-kind dedicated platform for start-ups to fulfill all their banking needs.
iii.The SmartUp is tailored to meet all the requirements of a start-up, advisory and forex services and offering banking and payment solutions
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. “KALINGANAGAR NATIONAL INVESTMENT MANUFACTURING ZONE” IS LOCATED IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE OF INDIA?
c. West Bengal
2. INDIA HAS SIGNED ‘ 21ST CENTURY NUCLEAR DEAL’ WITH _________?
3. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF BANGLADESH?
a. Hamid Khan
b. Shekh Hassina
c. Abdul Sekh
d. Abdul Hamid
4. WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF IAF?
a. International Astronautical Federation
b. International Administration Federation
c. International Associates Federation
d. None of these
5. WHO AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING HAS BECOME FIRST INDIAN TO BE AWARDED IAF’S “HALL OF FAME” AWARD?
a. UN Singh
b. UK Sinha
c. UR Rao
d. UR Singh
6. WHO AMONG OF THE FOLLOWING BROKE THE STEEPLECHASE NATIONAL RECORD?
a. Sudha Kumari
b. sudha Singh
c. Sudha Kakkar
d. Sudha Roy
7. WHO IS THE CEO OF HDFC BANK?
a. Aditya Roy
b. Adtiya Singh
c. Aditya Ambani
d. Aditya Puri
8. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING BANK LAUNCHES “ SMART UP FOR START-UP”?
d. Axis Bank
1. b 2.c 3. d 4. a 5. c 6. b 7. d 8. b
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
Memory based Bank PO Reasoning paper prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cl...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 15 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INDIA AND RUSSIA INK AGREEMENT TO SET UP 2...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –15,16 OCTOBER 1. What is the theme for World Food Day that will be observed on 16 October 2016? a) C...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 12 th OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. VIRAT KOHLI PRESENTED WITH ICC TEST CHAMPI...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –17,18 OCTOBER 1. Recently, around 25 people were killed and various were injured in a stampede near Rajgha...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 18 TH OCT 2016 ( Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ERADICATION OF...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN