DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. SBI GOING TO TAKE OVER 5 ASSOCIATE PSBS AND BHARTIYA MAHILA BANK
i. India’s largest bank State Bank of India has decided to merge its five associate public sector banks and the Bharatiya Mahila Bank with itself.
ii. SBI has informed the Bombay Stock Exchange that it is seeking in-principle approval for acquisition from the Union Government.
iii. Five subsidiary banks of SBI are:
i State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
ii State Bank of Hyderabad
iii State Bank of Mysore
iv State Bank of Patiala
v State Bank of Travancore.
2. WORLD’S LARGEST SINGLE ROOFTOP SOLAR POWER PLANT INAUGURATED IN AMRITSAR
i. Punjab’s CM Parkash Singh Badal inaugurated the World’s largest Single Rooftop Solar Power Plant in Amritsar.
ii.The plant has the capacity of 11.5 MegaWatt at Dera Baba Jaimal Singh at Beas in Amritsar .
ii. It is the largest Solar Power Plant spread over 82 acres of rooftop in single campus on multiple roofs.
iii. The plant has been set up with the cost of 139 crore rupees.
3. FIVE MEMBER COMMITTEE TO GIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT
i. The Centre government has constituted a five Member Committee to review and give recommendations on the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management roadmap for the future.
ii. The Committee will be headed by former Revenue and Expenditure Secretary N.K. Singh.
iii. The other members of the Committee are:
a. Sumit Bose -former Finance and Revenue Secretary
b. Dr. Arvind Subramanian- Chief Economic Adviser
c. Urijit Patel- Deputy Governor,RB
d. Rathin Roy- Director, National Institute Public Finance and Policy.
e. iv. The Committee will examine the need and feasibility of having a ‘fiscal deficit range’ as the target in place of the existing fixed percentage of GDP and make specific recommendations.
v. The committee will submit its report by 31st of October2016.
4. TRIAL RUN OF DELHI METRO'S NEW DRIVERLESS TRAINS FLAGGED OFF
i. Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal flagged off the trial run of Delhi Metro's new driverless trains.
ii. This train is equipped to travel on Unattended Train Operations mode.
iii. The new trains will undergo rigorous trials to ensure that they are ready for smooth operations.
5. NUCLEAR CAPABLE PRITHVI-II MISSILE TEST FIRED FROM ODISHA
i. Indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II surface-to-surface missile was successfully test-fired from a test range at Chandipur in Odisha.
ii. Prithvi -II Missile is a short-range ballistic missile developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation.
iii.It has strike range of 350 km.
iv. It has advanced inertial navigation, control and guidance system.
6. IT DEPARTMENT LAUNCHES E-NIVARAN PORTAL TO FAST TRACK TAX PAYERS GRIEVANCES
i. The Income Tax department has launched electronic grievance redressal system ‘e-nivaran’
ii.The system is launched to fast track taxpayer grievances and ensure early resolution of their complaints.
iii.The e-nivaran system also called as unified grievance management system seeks to integrate all online and physical complaints gathered by the department.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHO IS THE CHAIRMAN OF STATE BANK OF INDIA?
a. Arundhati Bhattacharya
b. B.Sri Ram
c. P.K Gupta
d. None of these
2. WHERE IS THE HEADQUATER OF BHARTIYA MAHILA BANK?
b. New Delhi
d. None of these
3. SBI HAS HOW MANY SUBSIDIARIES?
4. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING CITY OF PUNJAB “WORLD’S LARGEST SINGLE ROOF TOP SOLAR POWER PLANT “ INAUGURATED?
5. HOW MANY MEMBERS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR “FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT “COMMITTEE?
6. WHO WILL HEAD THE “FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT “ ?
a. N.k Singh
b. Urjit Patel
c. Rathin Roy
d. Sumit Bose
7. WHO IS THE PRESENT UNION URBAN DEVELOPMENT MINISTER OF INDIA?
a. M.K Bose
b. Venkaiah Naidu
c. Sushil Modi
d. Menika Gandhi
8. NUCLEAR CAPABLE “PRITHVI-II” IS ___________ MISSILE.
9. “E-NIVARAN “PORTAL HAS BEEN LAUNCHED BY WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENT OF INDIA?
a. Revenue Department
b. Forest Department
c. Electricity Department
d. Income tax Department
1.A 2. B 3. A 4.D 5.C 6.A 7. B 8. A 9.D