Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 22 MAY 2016
Monday, May 23, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 22 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. MAY 21 OBSERVED AS ANTI-TERRORISM DAY
i. Every year May 21st is observed as Anti-Terrorism Day throughout India /
ii. The day is observed to spread awareness among the people about the danger of terrorism and violence and its effect on the people, society and the country.
iii. The main objective is to promote unity, peace and harmony across the nation.
iv. The day marks the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi who was assassinated at an election rally near Chennai by a suicide bomber from the LTTE on 21 May 1991.
2. RATAN P WATAL APPOINTED AS PRINCIPAL ADVISER FOR SOCIAL SECTOR IN NITI AAYOG
i. Former Finance Secretary Ratan P Watal has been appointed as Principle Adviser for social sector in NITI Aayog.
ii. He has been appointed to the post for three years.
iii. NITI Aayog National Institution for Transforming India is premier policy think tank of Union Government.
iv. Economist Arvind Panagariya is Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog.
v. Economist Bibek Debroy and former DRDO chief V K Saraswat are its full-time members.
3. SEBI TIGHTENS P-NOTE NORMS TO KEEP VIGIL ON FOREIGN INVESTMENTS TO CURB BLACK MONEY INFLOW
i. The market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India has tightened the Participatory Notes norms.
ii. The main purpose of this decision is to keep vigil on foreign investments to curb black money inflows in the country.
iii. SEBI has introduced Know Your Client compliance for holders of these instruments in order to bring them on a par with domestic investors.
iv. Participatory Notes are issued by registered foreign institutional investors to overseas investors.
v. They are commonly known as P-Notes.
vi. P-Notes are issued to overseas investors who wish to invest in the Indian stock markets without registering themselves with the market regulator SEBI.
4. ANURAG THAKUR UNANIMOUSLY ELECTED BCCI PRESIDENT
i. Anurag Thakur was unanimously elected as 34th BCCI President at the board’s special general meeting in Mumbai.
ii. He is a BJP MP in Lok Sabha from Himachal Pradesh's Hamirpur district, is the second youngest BCCI chief.
iii. Fateh Singh Gaekwad in 1963 became the youngest BCCI President at the age of 33.
iv. He replaced Shashank Manohar who was earlier chief of BCCI.
5. LHAKPA 1ST LADY TO CLIMB MT EVEREST SEVEN TIMES
i. A 42 year old woman born in Nepal, Lhakpa Sherpa has climbed Mount Everest for the seventh time.
ii. She has broked her own record for the most ascents to the world's highest mountain by a woman.
iii. Lhakpa has reached the 8,850-meter peak from the Tibetan side.
6. ROGER FEDERER WITHDRAWS FROM FRENCH OPEN
i. Roger Federer has withdrawn from this year’s French Open after failing to recover from a back injury.
ii. The 34-year-old did not play in the Madrid Open earlier this month after hurting his back during practice for the tournament. Federer returned for the Italian Open but was beaten in the third round by Dominic Thiem.
iii. The Swiss has struggled with injury this year, having undergone knee surgery after January’s Australian Open.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. WHEN ‘ANTI- TERRORISM DAY IS OBSERVED IN INDIA?
a. 23 May
b. 25 may
c. 22 May
d. 21 May
2. WHO IS THE VICE-CHAIRMAN OF ‘NITI AYOG’?
a. Narendra Modi
b. Arvind Panagariya
c. Bibek Debroy
d. Ratan P Watal
3. WHO HAS APPOINTED AS PRINCIPAL ADVISER FOR SOCIAL SECTOR IN NITI AYOG?
a. Bibek Debroy
b. Arvind Panagariya
c. Ratan P Watal
d. None of These
4. WHO HAS ELECTED AS THE NEW BCCI PRESIDENT?
a. Shashank Manohar
b. Anurag Thakur
c. Vijay Seni
d. None of these
5. IN WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRY IS MOUNT EVEREST IS LOCATED?
6. _____________ IS THE FIRST LADY TO CLIMB MOUNT EVEREST FOR SEVEN TIMES?
7. THE FAMOUS TENNIS PLAYER ROGER FEDERER BELONGS TO WHICH COUNTRY?
1. D 2. B 3.c 4. B 5. A 6. A 7. D
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –25,26 OCTOBER 1. Which country formally begun the process of withdrawing from the International Criminal...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN