Daily GK - Free Current Affairs (GK Quiz) Daily Current Affairs Free current Affairs DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 MAY 2016
Monday, May 23, 2016
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 23 MAY 2016
(Daily News India)
Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN
1. 27TH INDIA AND INDONESIA CORPAT CONCLUDES IN BELAWAN
i. The 27th edition of the India-Indonesia CORPAT has concluded in Belawan, Indonesia.
ii. The navies of both countries conducted interactive session on measures to enhance inter-operabilit.,
iii. The 27th CORPAT was held from 29 April to 19 May 2016.
iv. The exercise is being carried out to keep the vital part of the Indian Ocean Region safe and secure for commercial shipping and international trade.
2. BIHAR GOVERNMENT BANS GUTKA AND PAN MASALA
i. Bihar CM Nitish Kumar has announced the ban on sale, distribution, storage, manufacture, consumption and publicity of tobacco products like gutka and pan masala.
ii. Last month state government announced complete ban on the sale of any types of liquor in the state, but had allowed sale of Indian Made Foreign Liquor in towns and cities.
3. WORLD BANK ARM IFC TO INVEST $68 MN IN APOLLO HEALTH
i. World Bank subsidiary arm International Finance Corporation is planning to invest US$68 million in Apollo Health & Lifestyle ltd .
ii. AHLL is a subsidiary of Apollo Health Enterprises Limited and includes a network of primary healthcare clinics across the country.
iii. This investment is the part of the overall raise of Rs 900 crore investment which was earlier invested by IFC.
4. FINANCE MINISTERS AND CENTRAL BANK GOVERNORS MEET HELD SENDAI
i. Finance ministers and central banks governor from the Group of Seven developed nations meeting in Sendai, Japan.
ii. They have held discussions on the world economy, ahead of next week's G7 summit to be held on 26-27th May in Ise-Shima, central Japan.
iii. The G-7 financial leaders discussed the future of the global economy to put the global economy back on track and achieve sustainable growth.
iv. They also discussed ways of dealing with tax evasion and questionable tax avoidance in reaction to disclosures in the Panama Papers.
5. US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES GAVE CONSENT TO BOLSTER DEFENCE TIES WITH INDIA ON PAR WITH NATO
i. The US House of Representatives have given its nod to improve defence ties with India.
ii. An amendment to the National Defence Authorisation Act was approved by the House.
iii. The amendment is dubbed as ‘Enhancing Defence and Security Co-operation with India’.
iv. It will bring the country’s bilateral relations with India on par with its NATO allies and Israel.
v. It encourages the executive branch to designate an official to focus on US-India defence cooperation.
6. IFC TO INVEST $20 MILLION IN FCEL
i. Future Consumer Enterprise Ltd has informed the stock exchanges that International Finance Corporation will invest $20 million in the company through equity-linked instruments.
ii. It will use the funds to support growth plans and strengthen its balance-sheet.
7. HSBC TO SHUT DOWN HALF OF ITS BRANCHES IN INDIA, 300 JOBS TO GO
i. UK based banking giant, HSBC Holding Plc stated that it plans to close 24 branches in India.
ii. The decision comes after a strategic review of its retail banking and wealth management business showed customers are increasingly opting for digital banking services.
iii. This decision will impact around 10 % of the company's retail customer base and lead to 300 jobs losses.
8. BINALI YILDIRIM SET TO BECOME PRIME MINISTER OF TURKEY
i. Transport Minister of Turkey Binali Yildirim is all set to become as the country’s Prime Minster.
ii. He will succeed Ahmet Davutoglu, who earlier stepped down due to differences with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS GK QUIZ BASED ON TODAY’S NEWS
1. 27TH INDIA AND INDONESIA ‘CORPAT’ HELD AT?
b. New Delhi
2. RECENTLY, WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATE OF INDIA HAS BANNED “GUTKA AND PAN MASALA”?
d. Himanchal Pradesh
3. WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF WORLD BANK?
a. Jim Kim
b. Kim Husan
c. Han Kang
d. Jim Yong Kim
4. WORLD BANK ARM IFC IS INVESTING___________ IN APOLLO HEALTH & LIFESTYLE LTD.
a. $ 69 mn
b. $ 68 mn
c. $66 mn
d. $67 mn
5. 42ND G-7 SUMMIT WILL BE HELD AT_____________.
a. Tokoyo, Japan
b. Washington D.c, USA
c. Paris, Italy
d. Shima, Japan
6. FULL FORM OF “NATO”?
a. North Atlantic Team Organization
b. North Zone Team Organization
c. North America Team Organozation
d. None of the above
7. THE HEADQUATER OF HSBC BANK LOCATEDAT______________
a. Hong kong
8. RECENTLY, WHO HAS BECOME THE PRIME MINISTER OF TURKEY?
a. Ahmet Davutoglu
b. Turkey Binali
c. Alex Parrish
d. Nimah Binali
1. A 2. C 3. D 4. B 5. D 6. A 7. C 8. D
6-MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINER SPECIALLY PREPARED BY TEAM OF DAILYGK.IN AND AAA BRIGHT ACADEMY.THIS IS VERY USE FULL FOR IBPS-PO MAIN...
Quantitative paper for Bank PO Exam prepared by dailygk.in and Aaa bright Academy team (held on 16 oct 2016). To Access complete file cli...
PANCHYAT SECRETARY PAPER PB GOVT OCT 2016 Punjab Backward Classes Land Development and Finance Corporation CLERK EXAM OCT 2016 Pun...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 21 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. THE ADIVASI WILL NOT DANCE AUTHORED BY HA...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 20 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. SAINA NEHWAL APPOINTED MEMBER OF IOC'S...
Here we are going to share weekly Current Affairs . We share the link below , to download the PPT related to the Current affairs. T...
Monthly GK Capsules of Sept.. 2016 Here is the new Monthly GK Capsules . This time we are going to share official PDF file of AA...
GK SERIES FOR SSC,IAS,PCS,HAS,HCS AND OTHER COMPETITIVE EXAMS (HISTORY-8) DELHI SULTNATE 1206 – 1526 AD Rise of Delhi Sultanat...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ –23,24 OCTOBER 1. Which city recently bestowed honorary citizenship on Dalai Lama? a) Venice b)...
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: 19 TH OCT 2016 (Daily News India) Shared By: WWW.DailyGk.IN 1. BCCI PRESIDENT ANURAG THAKUR APPIONTEED ME...
- My name is Pankaj. By Profession working as a software engineer and by choice working as a Professional blogger from last 4 years. I am the Founder & Administrator of many websites. One of My popular websites is: www.Govtjobsportal.in. Me and My Team Devotee most of our time in updating and maintaining our blogs.Check me out on one of the following social Media Platform:On Facebook: PANKAJ RATTAN ;On PINTEREST : PANKAJ RATTANOn Linkedin: PANKAJ RATTANOn Twitter: PANKAJ RATTAN